It's a new beginning for me..

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
starlightdawn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

It's a new beginning for me..

Post by starlightdawn »

Hi Y'all
I was looking for something to help me with my creative writing, and this web site popped up.

I've just found my freedom from wage-slavery and I hope that part of my new found time will be devoted to scribbling, not with a pencil but a keyboard.

I've written some long (ish) short stories in the past, some published on a Fan Fic website (is that shameful?? I don't know...)

I grew up on a diet of proper books, and read anything and everything, from autobiography to Gothic horror, classics to 'pulp' fiction, so I guess I got a good grounding in literature.

I love stories, often with a good dash of horror, sex and supernatural, but whatever the content I like to make sure that the words are meaningful and well crafted. I also do a bit of poetry when the mood takes me.

Hoping to meet supportive like minded people for a good rummage through.....

Thanks for reading

StarlightD
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

:text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Northernbird84
Currently Reading: The Crossing
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-northernbird84.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by Northernbird84 »

Hi Starlight, how exciting! What a brave step to take, I hope it works out well for you.

I would love to turn my blogging / non fiction writing into a living one day.

Hope you enjoy the site xxx
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
starlightdawn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by starlightdawn »

Hello Northernbird
It's not that brave - my husband is willing to keep me in return for all the years I supported him, so it's working out well, but not that brave :-)
I appreciate your reply - there seems to be so many here, so a real person is always welcome.
Good luck with blogging etc - its all good stuff!!

SD x

Return to “Introductions”