Introduction

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
njewczyn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Introduction

Post by njewczyn »

Associate Professor - Nicholas Jewczyn, Ph.D., M.B.A., C.B.I.

Degrees

Ph.D. in Management (Financial Economics) - Honors Graduate, Walden University - Minneapolis, MN, 2013

M.B.A. (Finance) - With Distinction, The New York Institute of
Technology - Old Westbury, NY, 2008

Board Certifications (in both Full-Charge Accounting and Taxation), Universal Accounting Center, 2006

B.S. in Technical Careers (Management), Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, IL, 1984

My youth was spent as a farm kid in upstate New York, with a great deal of business management experience gained in our family’s commercial real estate business – my service included involvement with business management decisions since the age of eight. After moving away from home early (at 16, and a stint as a radio DJ), my government service was for six years in the U.S. Navy as a Corpsman and Pharmacist’s Mate (having run the busiest military pharmacy on earth – Great Lakes Naval Hospital, IL). My baccalaureate degree was completed in 16 calendar months, while working full-time, with the use of the Montgomery G.I. Bill (while serving full-time on active duty). After a stint in the Navy’s Sixth Fleet (Admiral’s Staff) on an aircraft carrier as the Pharmacy representative to a Rapid Deployment Force Surgical Team (the first “normalization cruise” after the Beirut bombing in 1983 – a diplomatic mission), the Navy tours were complete. My finance experience began as an insurance agent and securities registered representative for the wealthiest company on earth (at the time, Prudential-Bache). For over twenty years, my daily work cycle was centered in or about the finance industry as a business owner, business consultant, Financial Advisor, and federal judge (for FINRA - to make sure investors received good value for their money and that institutions grew in a compliant way). As a college student, my transcripts demonstrate over 400 semester hours (with over 250 semester hours at the graduate/doctoral levels). As a professor, my service positions have included department chair, course architect, and curriculum developer. In the past eight years, my teaching has included sixty college classes taught in the Fields of Accounting, Business, Economics, Statistics, and Finance. My Master of Business Administration/Finance (with Distinction) and Doctor of Philosophy with a specialization in Financial Economics (Honors Graduate) degrees, including considerable practitioner-level experience in “real world” businesses, have prepared me to write texts and international academic journal research articles in economics and finance. This observation may be corroborated by performing your due diligence by referencing Google Scholar and a variety of other leading resources. My hobbies include kayaking on local lakes, lap swimming at the pool, SCUBA, real-time computer strategy war-gaming, and jogging at the local state parks.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

:text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Introductions”