New Member: Dr Kelley

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Dr Kelley
Currently Reading: The Seduction of Religion
Bookshelf Size: 4

New Member: Dr Kelley

Post by Dr Kelley »

Hello everyone!! This post is just to tell everyone a little about myself. I spent most of my adult life in the legal field, preparing and filing legal documents in the courts, investigations, and other things. All of my life I have loved law and religion. As a teenager, I observed a preacher misuse scripture to further an agenda, which made me a skeptic. I decided to change careers and return to college and am now a History major with a Geology minor. I am literally interested in everything, but especially history, law, and religion!!! Starting out, I was an Anthropology major, but found out that I had been a historian for many years already, so I changed the major. I am a grammar nerd as well. Even while texting, I use complete sentences and correct grammar and punctuation.

I am also a grandmother of two teenagers, whom I am trying to impress the importance of education upon by going to college myself (again). The youngest of the two has recently begun to read books from an online app, and has been bragging about how many books she has read. That makes me very proud!!!

For those who may not know, being a history major entails reading a great number of books, primary source documents (my favorite!!), and secondary source documents (which are typically books compiled by other historians). It also entails a great deal of writing: essays, papers, book reviews, etc. Which is the reason that I joined this site.

I am working on becoming a better writer, and writing book reviews is a great place to start. There are websites which give great information on how to write a book review. I am unable to share the website addresses, but if one is interested in learning more about it, a quick google search should bring up useful articles. I am also working on becoming better at critical analysis, which is why book reviews are a great place to start.

I am looking forward to reading the books, and writing the reviews!!!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

:text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Dr Kelley
Currently Reading: The Seduction of Religion
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Dr Kelley »

gali wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 22:09 :text-welcomewave:
Thank you!!! :techie-reference:

Return to “Introductions”