Aspiring novelist-to-be

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
eugeniab_427
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Bookshelf Size: 30

Aspiring novelist-to-be

Post by eugeniab_427 »

Hi everybody,
My name is Eugenia, and I am really excited to be part of this book club. Right now I'm 22 and I'm pursuing an AA degree in English and a certificate in Creative Writing. I am also writing my first novel in my book series. It's hard and a lot of work, but I'm getting there. The hardest thing about writing a novel for me is being patient, because I can't force good ideas to come right away, and being organized with notebooks and notes. Other than that, it's something I love doing.
Reading is also what I love doing, and I do it because it's how I learn about how other authors write their stories, and as readers we get to learn plenty of new things and discuss them. I volunteer once a week at my local library, where I'm in their back room, sorting through donated books with my co-worker for the library's bookstore. We go through books of every genre, movies on DVD and VHS, and CDs. I love what I do there, and every now and then she would recommend me something if we came across it, or if I found something instead. Currently I'm reading the Harry Potter books and Nicholas Sparks's A Walk To Remember, and hopefully I will move on The Guardian (also by Nicholas Sparks), Marley & Me, and To Kill A Mocking Bird.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

:text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
jessicawallace6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicawallace6.html
Latest Review: The Broadcast by Liam Fialkov

Post by jessicawallace6 »

Also 22, and also working on a novel, hey hey! :techie-studyingbrown:

Welcome aboard! Your job at the library sounds fun and really soothing, I bet you have the right kind of critical eye for writing book reviews.

Return to “Introductions”