New here, Now to find my way around !

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Djamy
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 6

Icon New here, Now to find my way around !

Post by Djamy »

Hello,
my nickname is Djamy, ( Dee jay mee), short for an Egyptian name I took, or changed my name to, years ago.
I'm new to the site, so bear with me. I'm hoping I can give here to you as well as learn from you all.

I,ve always wanted to write books, but what's taken me so long, I can't say, but now that I'm older, at least one book in my life would be good.
I suppose my love for books I get from elementary school, 2nd grade. I loved that school library, and any after growing up. I really could go in any library in the day, but upon coming out, it's dark outside, near closing time. I lose time in a library, like nothing else matters. Back to the elementary school , the last day of school just before summer break, the principal announced for us students to not forget of the summer reading contest. While on break, we could come to the school's library and check out 6 books at a time. We were to record keep of each book checked out and read. When we returned from break, the principal would announce the students who read the most books, winner of the contest. There was the winner and then 2 runner ups. I never won of course, not like I didn't try, just my mom had other plans for us, like work. Up keep in the yard, and working the garden daily back then in the 70,s. But as I said, I acquired a love for books from back then, and always have to this day. I'm still to this day wanting my own home library, from the floor to the ceiling, a rolling staircase, with busts of important figures you'd find in history, the old wooden card catalog cabinets, an old lounge sofa, what puts you in mind of those that would go in to talk to therapists lying back with thee ole feet kicked up, only the therapist being a good ole book. I certainly can't leave out some rare books, and DIY, self taught and informative books. That's my idea of a good home library, to go escape to another place in time, somewhere or the other. Jordy on reading rainbow years ago described it as that way, when opening a book, you may find yourself in any part of the world and timeline. The most exquisite library I have ever been to, would have to be Egypt, Alexandria I believe. I had been to Cairo most of the month and then to Alexandria the remaining of month. It would have been a better visit, but I'd had something to eat from one cafe as you order and can eat from with tables setup there on the sidewalks and whatever I'd eaten the evening before, had hit my stomach causing me to feel awful and sick, so I couldn't be fully aware, and it had gotten worse with time. The library though was grand, big and seems to have had everything you can imagine on the shelves. The security was plenty and in strict full force as I'd never seen before. If you've ever been there then you know.
Quiet the experience however with some great books.
My favorite two books would have to be, The Bible, 1611 and King James, and Pilgrims Progress.
If I am fortunate to get at least one book written, I want it to be of the two dogs I had and have, Sargeant and Luetenient, the Grandpa and his grandson, he helped me raise, my HuskyBeagle crossbreeds.
Now you know a little about me, feel free to chat, comment, or any writing corrections.
I'll take the advice freely. Thanks
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Welcome and enjoy!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Introductions”