Gasp! Have I Found a Place to Be?

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
moshthefatyank
Currently Reading: Foundation
Bookshelf Size: 2

Gasp! Have I Found a Place to Be?

Post by moshthefatyank »

Hi, everyone! My name is Chris and I'm a musician and a writer. I started out writing terrible, awful punk-grunge songs with even worse lyrics and over the past fifteen years have honed my craft to the point of writing mediocre songs off all types of different genres, with equally mediocre lyrics. Over the past couple of years, I've really gotten into hip hop and rap which has very much fueled my interest in and desire to write poetry.

I also have a real banger of an idea for a psychological thriller novel, yet I seem to be entirely lacking in the motivation department. But alas! I have found a veritable Mecca of potentially like-minded thinkers! All eager to read, write, or both, it would seem.

The thing that drew me to this website was Scott Hughes' ad on Twitter to get paid to review books, but I'm more excited just to share some stuff, get some feedback, extend that courtesy to others, and hopefully get motivated enough to write something substantial.

Thanks for having me!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Welcome and good luck!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
moshthefatyank
Currently Reading: Foundation
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by moshthefatyank »

Thank you!

Return to “Introductions”