Howdy from just north of Denver

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Ameesa
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: Fish Wielder
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 4040

Howdy from just north of Denver

Post by Ameesa »

Ameesa is a name I created back when I thought I would be a writer myself. Her adventure was going to be in the realm of fantasy. Her name in her country means Amethyst. But if anyone wants, I also answer to Sandy.

As for me, I was recently laid off and though I hope to get other employment soon, health issues and the steady advance of age may make it difficult, so I started looking online for things I might be able to do at home and found this site. I'm really somewhat surprised I had not found it earlier, since I've been an avid reader even before kindergarten. Though at that age the books had less words and more pictures. :D

I read a gamut of genres, with my two favorites being fantasy and classics. I'm am currently rereading any of the Brandon Sanderson books that deal with his universe called the "Cosmere". But on any given day I'm just as likely to be reading Jane Austen, Lewis Carroll, someone's autobiography, or a short course on whatever topic that interests me.

I am also in various online worlds and games quite often, and can normally be found in Second Life. The avatar picture is an artsy photo I took of my Second Life character. Unfortunately I don't have a husband or children, and have a times in my life, needed a wheelchair to get around. Like books often do for me, my online presence kept me sane and socially involved with people.

I hope to live up to some of the stats I see for others, but if not, it's fine. I'll be reading in that corner over there. The one with the comfy chair, a fresh cup of coffee, and my two dogs, Opal and Einstein in my lap or by my feet.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Welcome and enjoy! :text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Introductions”