'Ello!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
[kp]
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

'Ello!

Post by [kp] »

Hey everyone, my name is KP and I am a freshling here. I've spent the last few hours getting things rolling a little bit and downloaded my first book to review. Now I will slowly be adding to my bookshelves all the books I have read (see you in a few months ... kidding!).

A little about me: I am 32, have a couple of kids, couple of cats, one beagle, and one husband. We are actually in the process of working toward RVing full time so my Kindle will be my new best friend.

I've always been an avid reader and writer, so those will never change regardless of where I am living. I wish I could take my physical books with me (because I love the smell and being able to hold them in my hands), but then I'd probably have to gut the RV to get the weight down! :lol: I still plan on taking a handful of favorite must-haves though (don't tell my husband!).

Aside from that, I am just excited to be here. It's been a long time since I've been on a forum of any kind, and even longer since I was on any type of real social media so this is a newer experience for me. I look forward to getting to know people here and having awesome discussions!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

:text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Poppy Drear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poppy-drear.html
Latest Review: Five of Pentacles by Anna Munson

Post by Poppy Drear »

Hi! I'm a big fan of physical books too, and I always have been, but you have to admit there's something nice about being able to pull up a story wherever you are. Welcome to the forums!
[kp]
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by [kp] »

I agree, it's super convenient! I like being able to use my phone too, which I have the Kindle app for. So if I'm standing in line somewhere or at a doctor's appointment, I can read wherever I am with convenience.

Return to “Introductions”