Greetings!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
gabriel23brinson
Currently Reading: The Wave
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriel23brinson.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Greetings!

Post by gabriel23brinson »

Hello! My name is Gabriel and I am relatively new to "Online Book Club." I'm 23 years old and attend University here in South Georgia. Long story short I've recently switched studies to become a Liberal Arts English major. I fell in love with books when I was younger and I'm slowly coming back to terms with my complicated love for literature. So I figured a good way to do that would be taking full control of my mind in my off time. I'm in the process of detoxing from this harmful social media and tv and just getting back to the old style of things to become more focused with my studies. Becoming an literary intellectual has always been a goal of mine. In addition to increasing my vocabulary, becoming more familiar with word structure, researching and revising etc etc. After all intelligence is the foundation of creativity. Even though some of my favorite authors like Walter Mosely, Angela Benson John Gardner, Dorthea Brande Terry Macmillan all have differences in style, still my problem is I lean towards one selection of books or styles too much. I don't get outside of my comfort zone enough. Which I know isn't a bad thing but it's not relatively a good one either. By reviewing books it should give me such motivation to branch out. If I wish to be an editor one day I'll have to become fond of all types of work. With all that being said, for the last line of my intro (which may be the only line any of you actually read) I just want to say I'm extremely excited to have the chance to review some books and thank you all for reading about me lol !
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Welcome and enjoy!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
gabriel23brinson
Currently Reading: The Wave
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriel23brinson.html

Post by gabriel23brinson »

Thank You ;D

Return to “Introductions”