Quitting my Job Tomorrow!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
smleck
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Quitting my Job Tomorrow!

Post by smleck »

:tiphat:

Hi all! I stumbled across this website while searching for freelance writing opportunities!

I am giving my two weeks notice tomorrow at a soul-sucking job. I lasted a good six months at this job and have been miserable for most of it. Long story short, my boss is tyrannical, has me copy other people's work, and makes fun of my personality on a daily basis.

I graduated from college with a degree in English in December of 2015 and I've always known that I want to write. Now that I'm quitting my job, I'm looking for ways to make money freelance writing while I work on starting the book that's been in my head for years! My husband is being amazingly supportive and I hope that I can make him proud!

I am already so much happier and I hope that this community can be a place of solace and fun for me as start to read and write again. No more soulless corporate work for me. Sometimes you have to make decisions that don't make sense to an outsider, but make so much sense for your happiness!

:techie-studyinggray:
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Welcome and good luck! :text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
stoppoppingtheP
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Favorite Book: The Hand of Fatima
Currently Reading: High Low In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stoppoppingthep.html
Latest Review: If I Only Knew by Kim Simmons
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by stoppoppingtheP »

Welcome to the forums. Hope your future is bright.

“there have been so many times
i have seen a man wanting to weep
but
instead
beat his heart until it was unconscious.

-masculine”

― Nayyirah Waheed
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Exavia
Currently Reading: Japanese Lover
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-exavia.html

Post by Exavia »

hello!
I hope all is well with you. I understand what you're going through... Just breathe~

I'm glad to see that you are being true to yourself and following your passion! I wish you well in your endeavors!

Much love!
- e
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

smleck wrote::tiphat:

Hi all! I stumbled across this website while searching for freelance writing opportunities!

I am giving my two weeks notice tomorrow at a soul-sucking job. I lasted a good six months at this job and have been miserable for most of it. Long story short, my boss is tyrannical, has me copy other people's work, and makes fun of my personality on a daily basis.

I graduated from college with a degree in English in December of 2015 and I've always known that I want to write. Now that I'm quitting my job, I'm looking for ways to make money freelance writing while I work on starting the book that's been in my head for years! My husband is being amazingly supportive and I hope that I can make him proud!

I am already so much happier and I hope that this community can be a place of solace and fun for me as start to read and write again. No more soulless corporate work for me. Sometimes you have to make decisions that don't make sense to an outsider, but make so much sense for your happiness!

:techie-studyinggray:
Sorry for my late "Welcome" first of all but not sorry for you quitting your job. We deserve to be happy and I believe carrying the chains of the job we don't love (despite the high payment it offers), is not at all fulfilling.

Though I have not earned a penny here on Online Book Club yet, I've known others who were really paid for the job we love here on OBC. That is why I'm trying my best. I hope you could find your satisfaction and extra income here too.
Reviewer20
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Reviewer20 »

Hello;
I am new to OBC, but love reading and hope to use this as a past time of relaxation. The extra income would help too!! Glad you had the strength to leave that job, before it zapped you of your self worth and passions.
Now start writing and enjoy your journey!!
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Welcome here. Hope you will be fulfilled.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney

Return to “Introductions”