Hey Everyone!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Daklipp
Bookshelf Size: 18

Hey Everyone!

Post by Daklipp »

Hello! My name is Dakota and I am so excited to get started. I have always had a passion for reading since I was a little girl. I frequently enjoy visiting the library and lounging around Barnes and Noble's. Funny story! Last summer I was pregnant with my first baby (who is now 10 months old) and my husband and I went to the library and checked out books. I checked out about 15. Well every 6 weeks when it was time to return the books I vowed to make time and read them. So I always just called and renewed them. Needless to say I reached my renew limit on them! Haha and yes I am that person! How can you call yourself a book lover if you're not a book hoarder?? Anyways, feel free to ask me any questions! I also do not have a favorite book because I love them all! However, I am into the dark and twisty young adult books or the dystopian theme, currently.
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

Hi, Dakota! Welcome to the site! You basically sound like me. I had my son in July 2016, and also rekindled my love for the library...and their renewal limits that I continue to push to the max. I love YA and dystopian novels! I'm pumped to have you on the site and really look forward to reading your posts and/or reviews!
Daklipp
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Daklipp »

Totally awesome that I received a reply! Made my day that it was from someone normal and not a cat lady. Nothing against cat ladies but it's just not my cup of tea! Haha anyway thanks for replying Mallory! I actually had my son in October. He is such a joy. Yours just turned a year then huh? And yessss! I am 25 but can't stop reading the YA. Haha I'll be looking forward to seeing your posts too!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

:text-welcomeconfetti:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

Daklipp wrote:Totally awesome that I received a reply! Made my day that it was from someone normal and not a cat lady. Nothing against cat ladies but it's just not my cup of tea! Haha anyway thanks for replying Mallory! I actually had my son in October. He is such a joy. Yours just turned a year then huh? And yessss! I am 25 but can't stop reading the YA. Haha I'll be looking forward to seeing your posts too!
Haha, don't even have a cat! Fail on my part for not doing the math right. Yup, he's a handful of trouble now that he's a year old. But awesome, of course. Excited for the first birthday? I'm 29 and still can't stop reading them. I have a feeling I'm going to be reading YA forever. I'm totally okay with this.

Return to “Introductions”