Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Laughingsun
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ormwood</a>
Currently Reading: The Plan
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laughingsun.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Laughingsun »

Hi all,

I'm new here. Wife and Mom to 2 very busy kids and working full time in a children's hospital as Sr Admin Assistant in the pediatric intensive care unit. I've recently found my way back to reading after finally deciding to find time for myself in our busy day to day.

I love to read, my newest fave genre is supernatural type stories and true stories about foster carers in the U.K. Funny that, two completely different types of stories, but feeds into my obsession of happy endings and the "are they really out there" wonders.

I used to be part of a review club that actually actively encouraged reviewers to blindly write reviews without having read the book... and I had a really had a hard time with that. I couldn't pump out the reviews as fast as they wanted (sometimes within days!) because I was actually reading the books, so I gave up.

Now armed with my phone for audio books while I drive to and from work, as well as the many sports outings for the kids, and my kindle, I read at every available moment, with often 2 different stories on the go (one from each genre lol).

Thanks for having me here... I hope the reviews I write will match all the required criteria. So far, I've really enjoyed the 2 books I've read, I'm just waiting on the red, yellow or green lights for the reviews I've written... I'm on pins and needles anxiously waiting!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Great introduction! Welcome and good luck!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

Welcome, feel free and have fun here. This is a community of reviewers and readers.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

Hi! Welcome! I'm sure you'll have fun here. I certainly do. Wish you the best!
Laughingsun
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ormwood</a>
Currently Reading: The Plan
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laughingsun.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Laughingsun »

Thanks. I'm going to try and check out the forum some more this weekend to see what tidbits I can find.

What do you guys do?

-- 13 Jul 2017, 16:08 --

question... why is my post count staying at 4 even tho I've replied to several posts since it was 4?
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

Welcome! It's just unethical to write reviews about something you haven't experienced. It's Definitely not like that here. You got to choose the book you would like to read and you can give an honest review.

Return to “Introductions”