Salutations!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
MindyW
Currently Reading: Allegiant
Bookshelf Size: 33

Salutations!

Post by MindyW »

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, or so they say. I am a real lover of reading. After being the daughter of two extroverts who do not read, and tending to not have reading friends, it is a refreshing place to be among readers. You know what I mean; You just picked up the book and are trying to get into the good parts when an extrovert or non-reader comes along to ask 50 questions. You grind your teeth, try not to remind them of how rude they are, all while trying not to be rude yourself. It is the endless struggle of the reader. Those whom live alone are the blessed in way they may never fully understand. Still, despite my deep love of the written word, I do care greatly for people. How blessed we are for those who remind us to look up and view the skyline. As for me, I am somewhat of a real romantic at heart. I enjoy both the freedom of nature, the wind in my hair, and also the wonderment of losing yourself in another world. Sometimes that world is simply the point of view of another, reading their biography or memoirs. How find it would be to know that one day someone will be doing the same of my own life. Then again, I would like it better if they lost themselves, not in my life, but in the pages of my imaginings. :tiphat: 36, a writer who never bothers to publish, and never having been married, my own life would bore most anyone. :techie-studyingbrown:
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Great introduction! Welcome and enjoy! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I agree with you. I tend to get cranky when someone interrupts my reading of a really great book.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

Wow you can write. you will definitely do well here.

Return to “Introductions”