Welcome to the forums!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
classicgirl82
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by classicgirl82 »

Hi, I'm new here, found this site by accident, I'm a stay at home mum living in Australia, I love to read and look foward to joining in on the discussions within this forum with the rest of you.
mikenielsen

Post by mikenielsen »

Hi Everyone :)
I am Mike new here on this forum, In this from we just want to share my views and ideas with the other forum members.Hoping to learn new things and about new concepts on this forum.
oloroso36

Post by oloroso36 »

Hi everyone, forum looks very interesting.

I'm a big library person; have worked in one and visit my local branch at least once a week.

Fave authors include Stephen King, Anita Brookner, Elizabeth George, George Orwell, Barbara Kingsolver.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone. :)
C.M.

Post by C.M. »

Hello. I'm 15 and an avid reader. A book club denied me as a member because of my age and I've always wanted to be a part of a book club so here I am :)
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

C.M. wrote:Hello. I'm 15 and an avid reader. A book club denied me as a member because of my age and I've always wanted to be a part of a book club so here I am :)
That's terrible & ageist but their loss is our gain.
You are most welcome here & we are delighted to have you & look forward to you views & opinions.
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
emmalou84

Post by emmalou84 »

Hello everybody, My name is Emma and i live in Rotheham. I am an avid reader and would also love to write but cant find the time as of yet.

Some of my favourite books are:

Fried green tomatos at the whistle stop cafe.
Skipping Christmas
Christmas Carol
Friday night knitting club

I'm hoping to find lots more books to become my favourites on this site.

bye for now. :D
Manic

Post by Manic »

HI, I'm as 28 yr old transletor and trainee nurse from Spain (originally English), love to read, have always read since as long as I can remember.

Especially into Biographies.

Happy reading Everyone!! :wink:
AberrantBibliophile

Post by AberrantBibliophile »

Hello all,

I'm a librarian and so it goes without saying, I love to read. In fact, I read so much that "ordinary" people tend to glaze over when I start talking books.

I read just about anything, and I look forward to discovering new titles to read and discussing ones I have read.
Heidi76
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Currently Reading: Dead Until Dark
Bookshelf Size: 196

Post by Heidi76 »

Hi everyone! I'm Heidi, from Raseborg, Finland. I'm a single mum, two girls, age 11 and 8, we all read a lot so our house is full of books. I'm so glad I found this site, I just love to read. Fantasy is my passion, but I read (almost) anything that stands still long enough :D
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Heidi76 wrote:Hi everyone! I'm Heidi, from Raseborg, Finland. I'm a single mum, two girls, age 11 and 8, we all read a lot so our house is full of books. I'm so glad I found this site, I just love to read. Fantasy is my passion, but I read (almost) anything that stands still long enough :D
Hi Heidi and welcome to the forums, get stuck in! :D
You only live once.....so live!
Heidi76
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Currently Reading: Dead Until Dark
Bookshelf Size: 196

Post by Heidi76 »

Thanks, I will spend a lot of time here!
Bequick

Post by Bequick »

Hi, everyone. I'm looking forward to discuss and accept book recommendations from all of you because I live amongst people who do not enjoy reading books, and therefore I have no friends to discuss books with. :)
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Well you came to the right place, you can talk about as many books you like here amongst good friendly and well-read folk, welcome aboard :D
You only live once.....so live!
StonesQuest

Post by StonesQuest »

I've loved to read a good book. Somehow, I stumbled into writing and became an author. It's an interesting story that I will not share today. I've enjoyed writing a children and young adult series and a book called How to Rebuild Shattered Dreams. Writing a good story has been so fun. I can have others say that they love my books. I enjoy it. You spend so much time doing it so you appreciate it deeply. But when my grandchildren tell me that they love my book. It brings tears and warms my heart.
Olie

Post by Olie »

Hello My name is Olie,
I figured this may be a good way for me to practice my typing while doing something I enjoy which would be talking about books. I am mostly intrested in science fiction and fantasy... romance of course and everyonce in a while I enjoy reading non-fiction. :P

Return to “Introductions”