Welcome to the forums!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
ashwani_bookclub
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Post by ashwani_bookclub »

Hello guys!
This is Ashwani Prasad from India. I am fond of reading non-fiction books. Learning new things and gaining knowledge are the main reasons of reading being my hobby. Let's get started!
lagomi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by lagomi »

Hello i love to read and look forward to the discussions.
Alexa270

Post by Alexa270 »

Hello everyone, I am 30 years old, a sci-fi enthusiast, and in desperate need to get back to my reading! Can't wait to get started.
TThomas5040

Post by TThomas5040 »

Hello everyone, I love reading which is why I'm here. I read so much that my family just calls me "What Are You Reading".
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Hello, everyone! Thank you for the warm welcome.

My professional career may have necessitated that I read and write non-fictional work. However, my genre preferences have not really been that rigid as I read a wide variety of materials.

To mention, throughout my formative years when the world of Internet has not come to me just yet, physical books and the library had been my dependable allies and sources not only of much-needed knowledge but also of entertainment. I started off with the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys series as a kid, moved on to the Mills and Boons ones as a teen, then went with the movie-inspired hype of the legendary likes of Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings.

I've been a long hiatus in recent years, except for essential web searches, online transactions and social media. Recent personal experiences may have made changes to my career choices but have now paved the way for me to go back to reading.

This is my first post and I look forward to more opportunities and interactions with you all on our common ground---reading books.
Fred71688

Post by Fred71688 »

Hi guys. I am Fred, I came across to this page and its truly interesting. I love to read books and write as well.
mohamedait

Post by mohamedait »

Hello everyone
im mohamed from morocco im 20 and i love reading books
Sariel88
Currently Reading: Demon Freaks
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00I0FT792

Post by Sariel88 »

Hello, I recently found this site and decided to sign up. I enjoy reading a variety of genres, especially fantasy and dabble in writing as a hobby.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

:text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
For3v3rmin31992
Currently Reading:

Post by For3v3rmin31992 »

Um, hi, my name is Victoria... I'm new and I have absolutely no idea how long I have to read a book before I give my review on it.... Can anyone help me? :oops: :oops: :eusa-think: :eusa-think:
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

For3v3rmin31992 wrote: 08 May 2018, 23:28 Um, hi, my name is Victoria... I'm new and I have absolutely no idea how long I have to read a book before I give my review on it.... Can anyone help me? :oops: :oops: :eusa-think: :eusa-think:
The FAQ and the Review Team Page explain about that. Welcome!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
For3v3rmin31992
Currently Reading:

Post by For3v3rmin31992 »

So as long as I read it and finish it, I just give my review when I'm ready?
3 Books a Day

Post by 3 Books a Day »

On library board simply because I read an average of 3 books a day, have for 55 years. God bless Kindle, made my life so much easier. Have 3, one is always charging. Dyslexic, a gardener, frequent rescuer of animals (27 birds, 2 cats, down to 3 dogs instead of 10). Sci-fi, post apocalyptic, westerns and historical fiction are favorite genre's.
msmatter

Post by msmatter »

Hello, it is very nice to be here. I am both a reader and writer. Looking forward to working with the Online Book Club. I am a retired teacher and guidance counselor with a very active mind.
Hannah Mo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-mo.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Hannah Mo »

Hello!
My name is Hannah, I am 18 years old and I write reviews under the name Mo. I had my own book review blog/site for around 3 years, however I had to shut it down due to personal events that happened. I am excited to get back in the game to shake off my dust, and read books to provide my honest thoughts about them.

Return to “Introductions”