Welcome to the forums!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Deliciana
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Post by Deliciana »

Hi there!! I'm Délice! 34 years old, mama to three prereading boys and lifelong bibliophile. My current favorite genres are YA fiction, YA fantasy, YA sci-fi, children's books featuring interesting, unique or beautiful illustrations, a good reading cadence, and diversity, kindness and feminist themes! I also have been known to dig a good foodie memoir, travel memoirs, and have read a good amount of classics including Dickens, Austen, Montgomery...

My most recent favorites include the Septimus Heap series, The Search for Wondla series, The Mysterious Benedict Society series and The Star Thief which mesmerized me beyond words! As for Kid Lit, my current faves are Andrea Beatty's incredible memoirs, Not Your Typical Dragon by Dan Bar-El, A Curious Collection of Cats by Betsy Franco and Marianthe's Story by Aliki.

Some books on my To-Read shelf are: Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes by Jonathan Auxier, Spiderweb for Two by Elizabeth Enright, and Look Inside Our World by Emily Bone.

I would love to get on board with receiving reviewing books, since I am ploughing through books at breakneck pace anyways!!
Malt3s3Falcon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Malt3s3Falcon »

Hello all,
I don't remember how I found this site but I'm glad I did. I have loved reading ever since I was a child and I can't wait to find more hidden gems. I am a mother to a 1 year old and I find solace in delving into a good book, I read everything from cook books to YA novels, looking forward to many a discussion on here :)
Human314
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-human314.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Human314 »

Hello everyone, my name is Human and I enjoy reading classical literature. My favorite authors are Dickens, Orwell and Shakespeare. My favorite book is Great Expectations.
madhavid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by madhavid »

Hi all excited to join this club... finally found a place where I can do what I love. :D
LivingNChaos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by LivingNChaos »

I found the site today via recommendation and have looked around a bit. This seems like a place where anyone can find a home to talk freely about books and reading. I think I'm going to love it here.
bengallover 3

Post by bengallover 3 »

Hi from Kansas everyone. My name is Cindy and I am a 47 year old. I live in Topeka Kansas and am excited to get involved on this site. I raised 4 boys who are all grown and on their own now so have a lot of extra time now to do fun things like this book club.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Thank you, Mr. Scott!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Marinah Lydrah
Favorite Author: Marina Lydrah
Favorite Book: The Fault in Our Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
fav_author_id: 119590

Post by Marinah Lydrah »

Hi y'all. Am Marinah .So glad to join this club. Looking forward to reading more books and associate with you guys. I also love writing though I'm a beginner.Thank you
jennibabe31
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennibabe31.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by jennibabe31 »

Hello, I'm Jen. I'm a mother of 9 who loves spending any extra time reading. I read just about anything, but my favorite is crime/mystery/horror thrillers.
CozywithOliver
Currently Reading:

Post by CozywithOliver »

Hello Everyone!

My name is Breann. Love to read on any topic. My favourites are sci-if and mystery. Looking forward to the experience ☺️
Rebaaz1975
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Rebaaz1975 »

Hello! My name is Rebecca. I have been a lover of books for many, many years. I am excited about reading and reviewing new books. I love many genres: romance, fantasy, mystery, true crime, self-help, history, biography, and others I can't think of at the moment. Some of my favorite authors: Patricia Cornwell, Diana Gabaldon, Phillippa Gregory, Michael J. Sullivan, George R. R. Martin, and Alison Weir. Thanks for the opportunity. Free books sound amazing!!
s_bear24

Post by s_bear24 »

Hello everyone, I am new here. Just dropping in to say hello and see what everyone thinks about this club. Thanks for letting me join.
Sejuru
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
fav_author_id: 2719

Post by Sejuru »

Hi! I really love reading and I also write when I'm in the mood. Excited to browse more about this site and hopefully post book reviews soon. :)

I'm looking for a reader buddy btw. I have few friends in real life who really love reading so if you are into fantasy/YA/music/sports/romance/dystopian genre...PM me any time and let's chat! :D
Centaurita

Post by Centaurita »

Hello. I'm a "mature" adult who has always loved books. I remember when I was around 10 years old, walking 3 miles to the library and lugging home as many of the Oz series books as I could carry, Then going back for more as soon as I was finished. I don't have a library within walking distance today but would still walk 3 miles to read The Stand, or pretty much any book by King. I much prefer actual hard copies to ebooks- but sometimes I have Alexa read to me.
I followed a Twitter link to get here, But I quit Facebook years ago.
innah96
Currently Reading: How A Good Person Can Really Win
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-innah96.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by innah96 »

Hello Everyone!
My name is Ivana and I live in the UK. I was born in Skopje, Macedonia, which is a very small country in Europe. It's a lovely place though :)

I love reading, writing, sending out postcards. I used to be a national karate champion for 8 years in a row, but I stopped competing after I moved in the UK.

I don't stick to having an all-time favourite book - but I love good books and they stay with me forever. I am a romance lover, but I also enjoy crime, fantasy, thrillers and I like to discover new books and explore. Sometimes the books we expect the least can surprise us the most.

I am hoping to make a lot of friends and I look forward to discussing books with you! :D

Return to “Introductions”