Welcome to the forums!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Acapulco-1621
Currently Reading: The Word Collector
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Post by Acapulco-1621 »

Hi, I am already happy to be part of your community, and I am trying to get myself used to this online bookclub. It's been a little confusing sometimes. I've read some of the books suggested as book of the day and I posted a reply for the review of The Word Collector; which I really enjoyed.
But I am moving to another neighborhood so I have lots of things to do and I really can't catch up with other new members, and there are so many interesting and good books to read that I fell sad when I do not have time to read them and prepare a review.
Anyway I hope in two months everything will be in place again, and I will be able to prepare myself reading the guidelines and being a participating part of the forums which I think I will really enjoy.
I live in Uruguay and it's not so common to have book clubs here. But all of my family and I of course, are fanatic readers. And I also love the opportunity to change ideas on the books we read, as well as writing or taking notes of parts, phrases, thoughts I think are awesome and can help us in this changing world.Bye and thak you for this opportunity,

Sandra
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

:text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Akeyzs53
Currently Reading: When Ice Cream is Not Enough
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Akeyzs53 »

Thank you Scott
I am new at this and love reading books
Akeyzs
Donna40

Post by Donna40 »

Hi All,

I stumbled across this site while sitting at my desk longing to be anywhere else! Lol. I love to read. I developed this habit as a young child. I enjoyed fairytales and mysteries of all kinds. Now as a busy adult, I find myself missing the thrill of picking up a new adventure and seeing where it takes me. I am looking forward to picking up my old habit:)
Kellie1206

Post by Kellie1206 »

Hey y'all! I'm a 32 year old momma of two who absolutely loves to read and write! I have always enjoyed reading and writing short stories ever since I was a little girl. I pretty much love any genre of book but mysteries tend to be my favorite. Excited to have found this online club and look forward to discussions!
Jamasenu
Favorite Author: Valerie Wilson Wesley
Currently Reading: Change Your Thinking Transform Your Life: 21 Truths to Renew Your Mind in Christ
Bookshelf Size: 1547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamasenu.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 125603

Post by Jamasenu »

Hi everyone. I joined late March but so far I'm loving it. I believe I found this site through applying for a job. I'll ask hubby the jobsite name. Anyway, I'm glad to be here and hope to meet more readers as I progress into the group.
To survive, you must tell stories.
― Umberto Eco, The Island of the Day Before
gali

Post by gali »

A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ugooo
Currently Reading:

Post by Ugooo »

:tiphat: .......
I just came across this site
Am so excited
I can't wait to start
Reading
Briar Sweet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Briar Sweet »

Hi everyone,

I'm a university student earning my linguistics degree. I love fantasy, science fiction, historical fiction, and romance genres. My favorite story concepts include a futuristic or fictional world where the author has created their own slang to show the evolution of language and the culture in their world. I find it's an understated but effective tool in world building.

I used to be a massive book worm, but university has me reading textbooks so much that I don't often have time for leisure reading. However, I thought I'd give this a try with Summer coming up. I hope I do well!
Keliska

Post by Keliska »

Hello everyone. I just found this site and wanted to try it out. I have a 2 year old so I don't get to read that much anymore so I love to get suggested books from groups so that I can really enjoy what I get to read. Hope this group can help with that!
gali

Post by gali »

A retired Admin/Mod

tami28501

Post by tami28501 »

Retired and needing something to occupy my time and so excited about doing something that I love in a beneficial way!
liyakira9410

Post by liyakira9410 »

Hi All,
My name is Li and I am super excited to join this site! I'm a journalist and editor, so you could say that reading and writing are a few of my favorite things. I really love historical fiction, crime fiction and biographies, but honestly I'll read just about anything.

Can't wait to get started :)
gali

Post by gali »

A retired Admin/Mod

Candy_2018

Post by Candy_2018 »

Hi everyone my name is Candace and I'm new to Onlinebookclub please welcome me in open and loving arms 😊

Return to “Introductions”