Welcome to the forums!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
VanessaKay
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Post by VanessaKay »

Hi. I'm Vanessa. Since having children, I've done much less reading for interest or fun on my own, but I used to. My youngest is 3 now, and I decided to get back to being a reader. My goal for this year was to read 52 books. I'm currently on book 43 and think I will make my goal by Dec. 31.
I hope to get to discuss books and find good suggestions!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Welcome!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
spreuss
Currently Reading: Old Man's War
Bookshelf Size: 1439

Post by spreuss »

Hi everyone. My name is Sandra reading used to be one of my main hobbies, I even had a book blog once upon a time and would easily read 100 books in a year but in the last few years I haven't read nearly as much as I wanted to thanks to so many awesome TV shows and life getting busier. I want to get back to reading more books though, not the 100 books in a year goal that I used to do but at least a few books a month :).
gali

Post by gali »

:text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
ixora
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ixora.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by ixora »

Hello everyone. I'm new here, I'm love finding new authors and hope to learn a lot and have some fun on the forums.
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
MJ HAGUE
Favorite Author: MJ Hague
Currently Reading: Jack In A Box (The Hunt for Reacher series #2)
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY
fav_author_id: 103325

Post by MJ HAGUE »

Hello Everyone. I love reading and have been doing so since grade school. I started writing in high school and have so many stories to tell. I play the cello. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have of me.
JBreezeA
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by JBreezeA »

Hello All,

My name is Jen, online name is JBreezeA. I recently moved to the SouthWest in beautiful Arizona. Full-time, I am a Senior Tech Advisor for one of the largest IT firms in the world. In my spare time, I love browsing the internet, reading self-help books, meditation, Yoga, Indi, Sci-Fi, cooking and healthy eating and of course I love 50 Shades Of Gray!

I have experience writing reviews for books published on Amazon, iTunes and Barnes N Nobles. I love to read, but have been steering clear of the political aspect lately. I love to write and compose short stories, plays, etc. I am that creative daydreamer and books allow me to go to that place.

I am a mom of two beautiful children, one grown, the other a TWEEN -- :D
We have 2 cats and one guinea pig.
mariamullen37

Post by mariamullen37 »

Hello,

My name is Maria. Just joined, love to read can't wait to share more.
WordNerds
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordnerds.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly

Post by WordNerds »

Hi all. I'm Sophie, I'm 26, and I love anything to do with books. I used to be a school Librarian, and before that I studied for a degree in creative writing, which I'm currently trying to put to some use by finishing the novel I started at Uni. I've written a lot of book reviews before as a part of my job, to try and tempt kids into reading... anything basically (reluctant teenage readers are no joke)! :)
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

Hi, I am Reyvrex, or Questor, or ReyvrexQuestor, as referred to by friends on other sites. I go where poetry is good and where good company is found. I am previously an Engineering Instructor and Mathematics teacher.
I write some poetry.

My Greetings to everybody in this splendid site.

P.S.: My apologies for this late introduction. I have already intermingled prior to this. Thank you.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Angelsprite

Post by Angelsprite »

Hi! My name is Valerie L. Price. I live in Florida, but I'm originally from Houston, Texas. Go Stros! I'm an author of two fictional novels, and unrelated articles. I hope I can figure this out, because it looks like a fun forum.
P J Dean
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by P J Dean »

Hello, Everyone! I'm P. J. Dean. I've always dreamed of whipping up a pen name to go with my creations. And I did. Anyhoo, I am a resident of So. New Jersey by way of Philadelphia, PA. I've been writing since I was a child but didn't find the courage to put pen to paper for publication until much later. I am part of a stable of writers with a medium-sized press. I write science fiction romance and historical romance with a twist. The twist? All my heroines are Black. I find that important because in science fiction romance, Black characters rarely last past the 1st chapters, or are not depicted at all. I see it as a subtle dig that Black folk aren't seen as surviving into the future. In historical romances, Black characters fare no better, especially women. They are either slaves or maids or slaves or maids. Rarely the main event unless they are characters written by a handful of Black romance writers. I've chosen to follow that path but with my singular touch. In my historicals, ALL the heroines are Black, and the stories are set in lands and times other than slavery-era U. S. A. It can be done if the writer takes the time to do research. A historical romance should have history in it. Amirite? We, Black people, have existed in other eras and countries. Looking forward to discovering new books in between writing.
gali

Post by gali »

Welcome all!
A retired Admin/Mod

bluepoetevolves30

Post by bluepoetevolves30 »

Hi, everyone! My name is Jasmine. I'm super new to all this. I just recently published my very first book of poems called "Little Blues Existence of an Image." It's on Amazon, paperback and Kindle version. I've been writing poetry for 19+ years; this is my first time ever actually sharing with others because I know most people don't like poetry. Looking forward to connecting and sharing ideas. If you have more questions, feel free to contact me. Thanks :D
zoheb01

Post by zoheb01 »

Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce myself!!

I have been a big fan of reading since a young age. Now 32, with a wife and my 2 year old son, I don't have much time anymore to pick up a good book. Now I listen to audio books on the go, its such a neat idea!

I read mostly non-fiction business and self development books.

Thanks,
Zoheb.

Return to “Introductions”