Welcome to the forums!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Post by gali »

Please read the FAQ and this thread: Links and Info for New Members. :text-welcomeconfetti:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Jesusa Gulatera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jesusa Gulatera »

Hello my name is Jesusa but you can call me jhess,well all I can say is that I love reading any book as long as it gets my attention or it really intrigue me, Im 22 years old bookworm and I can't stop reading honestly I even sometimes forget the time when I read😅 well I'm here at online book club to just read and read and read so welcome to me here
gali

Post by gali »

Please read the FAQ and this thread: Links and Info for New Members. :text-welcomeconfetti:
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Duke_York

Post by Duke_York »

Introduction

Good afternoon! My name is Duke York, and I've been trying to write science fiction and fantasy novels for the past 35 years. I finished my first novel in 2008, and have been steadily writing novels since then. Of course, I'm my own worst critic, so I haven't been willing to put anything out to publish until 2020.

I've recently completed 8-book Young Adult Novel series, and I've finally decided that this is what I'm going to start my publishing career with.

I hope to make a good living from my novels someday, or at least get them in front of some eyes so other people can enjoy them.
Last edited by gali on 21 Jul 2021, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Self-promoting
gali

Post by gali »

A retired Admin/Mod

Diksha Choudhary
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Diksha Choudhary »

I'm Diksha Choudhary, from India so Namaste everyone. My reading journey started really young when my mom used to buy me books to shut me up on train journeys while visiting my grandparents. I think I started writing even before that, except that was only meant for my eyes. I have never shown my writing to anyone and I don't know what to expect with this new adventure, so I hope your community bears with me and accepts me because I already have!
I think reading is the only place where you can get close to experiencing the mystery of unlimited number of parallel universe, I am in it just for the ride. I never get tired of reading books and I have now made home in these numerous pages. I hope I'll be of some use to you.
Let the reading commence.
Last edited by Diksha Choudhary on 23 Jul 2021, 06:39, edited 1 time in total.
gali

Post by gali »

A retired Admin/Mod

Rosefarid
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Rosefarid »

Hi
I'm Roshan can call me rose.
im Indian, born and bred, at present residing in Malaysia..
Whenever I miss my place my people around,i will engage myself by reading books,trust me it sooner or slowly change my mood.
I've written verses, essay and I'm writing a novel dint complete yet..Inbetween, my friends say about onlinebookclub , I love to read and reviewing is kinda sweet with or as if with honey.
I'm happy joining this club and joining you guys.. Let's share and support each other.
thank you!
gali

Post by gali »

A retired Admin/Mod

Marcey5

Post by Marcey5 »

Hi there, I'm Marcey5,
Just recently I wrote a quick review on a book, so very excited. I just felt like its important to keep your mind mindful and open, that this is the reason why I signed up and I found you on guys on Pinterest. I also wanted to read other individuals perspective on books. I am not an expert reviewer but I am honest with the information I gather from reading the books. So I hope to learn more from all of you. I can tell you this though, my first time ever being reeled into books was with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, so thank you J. K. Rowling for inviting me in.
gali

Post by gali »

A retired Admin/Mod

Debra Crawford
Favorite Book: This Girl
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Debra Crawford »

hey! Im 32, from Texas. Im a social worker, have 2 kiddos, we are foster parents, and I love to read! I want this opportunity to share my reviews on books i enjoy reading, and connect with others of similar interests.
Namdiibe
Currently Reading:

Post by Namdiibe »

Hello everyone, my name is Nnamdi and is my pleasure to be in this noble platform. I am excited I joined what my passion is and looking to read and review books of interest to me. Nice to meet everyone and I look forward to meaningful engagement with all.
kaythebabe45
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by kaythebabe45 »

Hi everyone, my name is Kay, I’m a 21 year old med student and when I’m not studying for school, I have my nose in a book!
Karlabchu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Karlabchu »

Hello everyone. My name is Karla and I'm from Peru. I love to read and I've been doing it since I was 5 years old. My current challenge is 100 books this year and I'm on my 68 book so far. I keep track of my reading on Goodreads (karlabchu) as well, if you are curious. I only review on Spanish since I'm not as confident on my English. But I'll try to give a little comment here as well whenever I finish a new book.
I mostly love classics, but I'm a firmly believer of Haruki Murakami's idea “If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking”, so I try to read every genre and culture I can. I''m open to pretty much everything, still my favorite genre is horror. Sadly I read little poetry since I love fiction better, but I still try and read at least a few books of it a year.
Anyway, hope to meet and talk of books with you all.
—Karla

Return to “Introductions”