Hey Y'all! Greetings from Nashville!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
AshleyMarieMUA
Bookshelf Size: 0

Hey Y'all! Greetings from Nashville!

Post by AshleyMarieMUA »

Hello everyone! I am so pleased to be a new member of this forum! I am a makeup artist by day and an avid book reader both day and night. I am a southern girl from Nashville, Tennessee and enjoy meeting people from all over the world. I love history, travel, learning and expressing myself through various creative outlets. My love for reading began at a very young age. I would visit my grandmother's farm near Chicago and found a treasure trove of old Nancy Drew books. I was instantly drawn in by the mystery and images of the era created within my mind while reading. Ever since I have been in love with reading. I don't necessarily have a genre preference, just a great book where my imagination can run free with pictures of the characters, setting, emotion and story. I recently purchased a small business non fiction book from the late 1800's, my current reading selection. I chose it because of the beauty of the book, that old book smell that instantly invigorates my senses and the idea that I could learn information that could potentially help my makeup business, as well as taking me to the time the book was written and imagining the surroundings of the author. Apologies for this long introduction to myself, like the rest of you I am passionate and excited about a good read and I am very happy to have found a forum that supports this passion. Thank you for reading my intro and I am positively overjoyed to begin reading and connecting with you all over some amazing stories!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Welcome and enjoy!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Enjoy your time on the forums!

Happy reading! :library:
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Your intro inspired me to read Nancy Drew books. I have seen them at my local library but I have never been drawn to them. Thanks. Hope you enjoy the forums here at OBC.

Return to “Introductions”