Intro to Walter Daniels

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
WalterDaniels
Bookshelf Size: 0

Intro to Walter Daniels

Post by WalterDaniels »

Hi there. This is my intro to all of you (that bother to read it).
I'm a Charismatic Roman Catholic (who hopes to achieve 24 hrs of Christian behavior, before I turn 400) :lol: , a lifelong F&SF reader, and “prepper,” and self published author. I have a Children's/YA book, and several cookbooks (for Single/Handicapped) on Amazon. As of 11/4/16 I have a book about being Handicapped, as well as two more SF books currently in progress. I can be found on LinkedIn, and twitter . I hope to meet my readers at an SF Con, so feel free to come and talk to me.
My past work history shows that (like many authors) I've had many jobs. I have been: a construction laborer; heavy equipment operator; landscape worker/equipment operator; night watchman; college student (3 1/2 years of engineering and computers); computer operator; PC support for a State Agency; PC consultant and Custom Programmer; Custom graphics on textiles; finally author (whew).
I've also been a lifelong fan, active in fandom since 1974, attending Cons since 1980, served as assistant to security at InConJunction II and IV, Security Chief at InCon III, and general security help at InCon, (except for three that I couldn't be there due to transport problems); Speaker at several InCon's & Computer expos.
I try to be a nice person (if you're respectful to me and others). I say, "try to be," because I will not stand by when people are racist (real not the falsely proclaimed nonsense so many scream about), refuse to be respectful of other people's rights (speech, association, religion), physically/sexually abusive of others. IOW, treat others with the same respect you want for yourself, and we'll get along. Your speech (& some actions) may offend me, but as long as you don't try to restrict mine, I *will* defend you.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

:text-welcomeconfetti:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Enjoy your time on the forums!

Happy reading! :library:
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8

Return to “Introductions”