Finally signed up for a profile

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
2+2equals5
Bookshelf Size: 0

Finally signed up for a profile

Post by 2+2equals5 »

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking in the background for months & finally signed up for a profile.
I wanted to take a moment to thank you all for helping to grow my "to-be-read" list to over 100 books! I've spent more time reading everyone's lists of favorites & recommendations than I'd like to admit to my employer! :shock:
Now, if only I could find the time to get to reading all of them, while juggling my roles in a full time job, newly made homeowner, as well as my roles as a wife & mother to 2 kids under 5. As you can probably guess, most of my reading is done during the twilight hours when everyone else is sleeping & I finally get some quiet time to myself.

A little about my reading preferences & favorite authors/books:
Since I was a young child, I've always loved to read. My favorite books as a child were James & the Giant Peach, The Adventure's of Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer, and...I hate to admit...I was once part of The Babysitter's Club book club. :roll:
I was preoccupied as a teenager & mostly stuck to the required reading for school & not a whole lot of extra curricular reading was done during this period of my life. It wasn't until I was working as a bartender that I was reunited with my love for reading. One of the regular bar patrons...a kind old man, who held a job as a trucker...asked for his tab. When he paid for his beers, instead of leaving me a tip of a couple dollars, left me the book Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse. I fell in love. Every time the gentleman came into the bar after that, we'd have lengthy discussions on various books and authors & I've always wanted to thank him for helping me get back on my "golden track".

Some of my favorite authors so far (besides Hesse), are Philip K Dick, George Orwell, Alan Moore and Aldous Huxley...to name a few. I look forward to having someone to discuss literature with & expand my views on the world!
Ant
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Ant »

Hello and welcome :D
RuqeeD

Post by RuqeeD »

2+2equals5 wrote: A little about my reading preferences & favorite authors/books:
Since I was a young child, I've always loved to read. My favorite books as a child were James & the Giant Peach, The Adventure's of Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer, and...I hate to admit...I was once part of The Babysitter's Club book club. :roll:
Hi there and welcome to the forums. And hey nothing wrong with the Babysitter's Club. I loved them when I was a kid, that and Sweet Valley. It was like a prerequisite to being a kid! :lol:
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

Hullo and welcome. Loved your trucker tale. And I'm a fan of Aldous Huxley, too.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
ClarityJules
Currently Reading: Chime by Franny Billingsley

Post by ClarityJules »

Hello, I'm new too.
Mother of one 6 month old.
Just wanted to say "Hi" and that "I'm up for some literary discussions".
Welcome aboard!
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Hi and welcome :D
You only live once.....so live!

Return to “Introductions”