Looking forward to losing myself again

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
mfliss
Bookshelf Size: 0

Looking forward to losing myself again

Post by mfliss »

For many, many years... elementary through college, I was immersed in the world of fictional bliss. Got lost on a regular basis in between the pages of the most wonderful stories... Diana Gabaldon series "The Outlander", Time Traveler's Wife, Gone with the Wind, just to name a few... I fell in love with the heros, dreamed about historical times, and found my own inner peace in being apart of my favorite characters adventures. I would even go as far to say that when times got difficult, a good book was a sanity boost! Then I went to graduate school and had a baby. I have read a few books that have enjoyed them immensely since that time, although the list has been much shorter. It has seemed like my current relationship between books was like visiting an old friend-- enjoyable, but also filled with uncertainty of when I may return. These adventures have been too few and far between. It is also unfortunate that I no longer live by a viable library, although this is only part of the reason I am not as immersed in reading as I use to be. The other part... I am not sure. I have found myself purchasing books that I think will be new favorites and there they sit dust collecting on top of them. So here I am, hoping to jump start a hobby I sorely miss. I am hoping that being around other book enthusiasts with excite and inspire me to read more than I am currently. :)
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

A big welcome to the Forums, mfliss. There's plenty to absorb and comment on here!
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
RuqeeD

Post by RuqeeD »

Hey there mfliss. I really hope you find the inspiration you are looking for here, there is plenty to go around so lets hope that charges you up :D
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Hello mfliss & welcome along
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.