Just joining the team!
I love reading, books, and writing. I prefer a book in my hands, the smell and feel of pages. Some of my favorite genres/subgenres/themes are Mind-expanding/mind-bending, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Myth/Mythos, Travel, Adventure, Vampires, Dark/Psychological, Steampunk, Esoteric studies, Physics, Romance, FanFiction. NSFW is fine by me, if it's done well and not just gratuitous for its own sake. Not much of a horror fan, but open to being surprised (Cthulu, for example, is awesome). Love intelligent BDSM and erotica (think Sense8 and not 50 Shades).
If you're looking for a reviewer, or just want to connect, and want to know if we'd mesh, here are a few of my favorites, in no particular order:
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
- Flatland by Edwin Abbott
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
- Terry Pratchett
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- LotR and The Hobbit
- Game of Thrones TV series and SoIaF
- Lisa Kleypas
- Avatar: The Last Airbender (NOT the movie)
- Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey