Wisdom in The Lost Identity Casualties

Discuss the August 2016 Book of the Month, The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar.

You can use this forum to discuss the sequels to this book.

View The Lost Identity Casualties on Bookshelves

View The Lost Identity Casualties on Amazon.
Thimble
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 6338">Iron Kissed</a>
Currently Reading: A Wise Man's Fear
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thimble.html
Latest Review: The Captain's Collie by Ace Mask
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Wisdom in The Lost Identity Casualties

Post by Thimble »

Jennifer Allsbrook wrote:While reading The Lost Identity Casualties, there were several phrases that I found to be profound or words of wisdom. I have provided the phrases below along with the page numbers:

1) "...time is the only thing that you live for, and the only thing that kills you. Nothing is forever..." p131

2)"...using someone’s greed is by far the easiest means if you want to manipulate him." p131

3)"...quality costs, but it gives you more value for the money.” p135

4)"...of long-term survival in business: unless you’re willing to give, you won’t be able to receive." p184

5)"...the fundamental reason for working towards your goals is to be happy, or enjoying yourself, or improving the world, or whatever makes you feel good about yourself." p186

I would love feedback from others. Do you agree with me that these statements are indeed words of wisdom?

You picked out some good ones. I think all of these are things to consider in life if you can or want advantage over other people (Number 2 especially for this aspect.).
"You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe." - Leymah Gbowee
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

AA1495 wrote:
True. Noone is born great or evil, and noone is completely white or black. Everyone's a shade of grey and it's their circumstances that make them that way.

So often people don't get that. They look for a person to be one or the other when everyone has a bit of both, some of us having more good and some of us having more evil than others.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris

Post by MarisaRose »

I definitely found some wisdom in the author's take on revenge, although I don't know how unique this "wisdom" was. It was clear that Matthias was driven throughout the novel by his need for revenge, however, by the end of the novel, he really didn't seem any happier than when he started. He was so driven by revenge, I think the final outcome did not have the effect on his psyche he had hoped. So I guess the wisdom I gleaned from this book is that revenge is never the answer!
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Seems like this book is written by a really wise person. Lots of lovely quotes in this forum. Makes me want to read the book.
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Ashley 1820
Currently Reading: Rebecca
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-1820.html

Post by Ashley 1820 »

yeah....even I am Iinterested. I wanna try it as fast as I can.
Witty_Read
Currently Reading: The New Annotated H.P. Lovecraft
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-witty-read.html

Post by Witty_Read »

I also enjoy how real and complex people are depicted in this book. There is a big play on emotions, as well as words, that bring the characters to life. While there are many wise sayings in this book, I do feel that acting out of revenge in a knee-jerk reaction makes for a very unwise man. Curious to see how it plays out in the next book.
Micheal Ukewuihe
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micheal-ukewuihe.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micheal Ukewuihe »

I learnt to give value to things that really matter and to put your sense of self in things that are above your physical appearances because they’re the easiest things to destroy. I also realized that revenge is certainly not always the answer.
Favy Moses
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Favy Moses »

This book is very insightful this days people live their lives carrying a lot of vengance in their hearts forgetting that life is short and nobody knows tomorrow. ca

Return to “"The Lost Identity Casualties" by Kim Ekemar”