Humorous Genre Discussion for July

For July 2016 we will be reading Humorous Fiction/Non-Fiction.
kio
Favorite Author: Janet Evanovich
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... vermore</a>
Bookshelf Size: 532
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kio.html
Latest Review: "A Twist of Fate" by Mark W. Johnson
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 2658

Humorous Genre Discussion for July

Post by kio »

Humorous Fiction and Non-Fiction all have one thing in common: they're funny. Whether fiction or non-fiction, they are intended to poke fun at a subject or genre, evoke a laughter response in the reader, and may have truths exaggerated for effect. (Romantic comedy does fall under this as well)

Some question to consider answering:

What book did you read? Did you like it? Why or why not?
What made this book so humorous? Did you notice anything unique about the book and/or genre?
What parts were your favorite? Least favorite
Would you recommend the book?

-- 05 Jul 2016, 19:36 --

It's been a while since I read it, so I'm going to read "Barking Goats and the Redneck Mafia"
"Books are unique portable magic."-Stephen King
Latest Review: "A Twist of Fate" by Mark W. Johnson
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: Starlight Life by N.C Brightman

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

The last one I read was "Unleashed " by Rachel Lacey. It was a romantic comedy, and I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it because the characters were relatable and the main character reminded me of my sister. I would recommend it!
DIANE12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DIANE12 »

Hi,
New here right now im reading The Day of The Donald by Andrew Shaffer. Its hillarious but also a little frightning because of what might be. Has any one else read it??
Desto

Post by Desto »

Three Men In A Boat by Jerome K. Jerome. I had to learn this book in high school and boy, I ended up loving the book. Yes there are dull parts in the book but overall it's a fun read.

The Importance Of Being Ernest by Wilde, is my favourite when it comes to this genre. Of course it is a drama, but that didn't stop me from laughing. The book is so consistent and words fall short.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

Desto wrote:Three Men In A Boat by Jerome K. Jerome. I had to learn this book in high school and boy, I ended up loving the book. Yes there are dull parts in the book but overall it's a fun read.

The Importance Of Being Ernest by Wilde, is my favourite when it comes to this genre. Of course it is a drama, but that didn't stop me from laughing. The book is so consistent and words fall short.
I think Three Men In A Boat was way ahead of its time. It was a thoroughly enjoyable read from the standpoint of humor but it also included some of the most beautiful passages I have ever read in literature. (Refer to my post in link below.)

forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewtopic.php ... at#p110936
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

The last few I read were in a collection of short stories. I reviewed those in fact (the link should be with the message, check it out).
What I found was that they were amusing. They didn't make me actually laugh though.
elivia05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elivia05.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by elivia05 »

Randy Love... at your service is a fun, lighthearted read. It is quite humorous at times, and the main character is very happy-go-lucky.

Return to “July 2016 Genre Discussion”