Books for a middle-aged Christian female

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
THarveyReadALot
Currently Reading: Special Deliveries
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tharveyreadalot.html
Latest Review: A Police Action by A. A. Freda
Reading Device: B07G92J7J3

Books for a middle-aged Christian female

Post by THarveyReadALot »

I like historical fiction, like No Dark Clouds, which I'm currently reading and will submit a review on Feb. 15th. I also like some thrillers like Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan or the Jack Ryan Jr. Stories written by other authors.
Any recommendations will be welcome.
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

This may be irrelevant, but a good Christian adult novel that I liked reading was Donna VanLiere's Christmas Promise. Definitely not historical or a thriller, but it was surprisingly good to me, (since I don't read romance :lol2:)
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

For thrillers I would recommend The Bowers Files series by Steven James.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
vlinpr13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by vlinpr13 »

Have you read any of Ted Dekker's novels? He writes some good Christian thrillers in my opinion. I would recommend his novel Thr3e, about the seminar student Kevin Parson, who finds himself being stalked by the serial killer Richard Slater. Slater constantly presses Parson to confess his sin if he wants the killing to stop, and Kevin has to discover what sin he is supposed to confess, while working alongside an FBI agent and his close childhood friend Samantha.

As far as historical fiction is concerned, I really enjoyed the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. Although it doesn't actually follow any actual historical figures, it is set in Rome during the days of the early Christian church. The trilogy follows several characters, including a Christian slave girl who must hold tight to her faith in the face of persecution, various members of the Roman aristocracy, and a German prince who has been taken prisoner and forced to become a gladiator. There are some detailed portrayals of the characters' various sexual lifestyles at times, in case that bothers you, but it all eventually leads to discussions of morality and the negative consequences of sin.
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

I just finished reviewing Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs. It was a really interesting book, I think you might like it.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”