A not boring book for a boring life please

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Ren-whatelse
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon A not boring book for a boring life please

Post by Ren-whatelse »

I'm looking for a book full of adventure and excitement that will keep me enthralled till the end. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Cosmina1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Cosmina1 »

The most exciting series and I mean each individual book I have read the last few years is the entire Longmire series. Starts with Cold Dish and gets better and better with each book. Also, we just passed around My Grandmother told me to tell you she's sorry. Great little book with lots of twists and turns. Great characters.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

Try reading The mortal instruments series, it is both exciting and interesting. It is a fantasy series about Shadowhunters.
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

Try reading The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown, it's the most exciting book that I've ever read! Plenty of adventure and suspense. Another good one is The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater; it's a historical fiction novel about espionage during WWII.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
Sarah Starling
Favorite Author: Alix E. Harrow
Favorite Book: Starling House
Currently Reading: Love and Other Words
Bookshelf Size: 10084
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-starling.html
Latest Review: Cell Biology For Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 176795

Post by Sarah Starling »

An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green. It came out on the 25th of last month and it almost instantly become my new favorite novel.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I would recommend the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. It is of the fantasy genre and has werewolves, vampires, witches, shapeshifters, and fairies. It also has Native American folklore. The book has romance, action, and comedy so it can be enjoyed by a variety of readers
imjaneturner
Favorite Book: Elastic Girl
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imjaneturner.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by imjaneturner »

If you're interested in historical fantasy/fiction, Carlos Ruiz Zafon is amazing. His adult novels are mysterious, adventurous, magical, and a little gothic. He has written a "cycle" of books in the same universe. To paraphrase one of the novels that I own, "this book is part of a cycle of novels set in the literary universe of the Cemetary of Forgotten Books... each work presents a self-contained tale, and they are connected through characters and storylines... they can be read in any order, or separately..." I appreciate this approach because I always have trouble getting book series in the right order, hahaha.
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

These are some of my favorite authors. They write YA fantasy. Cassandra Clare, Elizabeth May, Jodi Meadows, Julie Kagawa, Sherry Thomas and Maria Snyder.
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

I do like the YA author Christopher Pike's older works - they contain a little of the supernatural and a great mystery. The Last Vampire is one of my favourite series!
NovaFly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novafly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by NovaFly »

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is brilliant. Its a fantasy novel with horror, romance, drama and monsters.
Thea Frederick
Currently Reading: Little Dorrit
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thea-frederick.html
Latest Review: How to Cope: Parenting a Child with Special Needs by Christine E. Staple Ebanks

Post by Thea Frederick »

The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan is very good! It really keeps you reading on the edge of your seat and the characters and plot are so well developed. Very exciting!
-Thea M. Frederick
I Like Fiction Books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-i-like-fiction-books.html
Latest Review: Merlin's Rings: Book One: Young Crusaders by Virginia Hoyt

Post by I Like Fiction Books »

The Train to Impossible Places by P.G. Bell is great it is a book for more younger audiences, but the action and plot organization is amazing. The characters and world-building are also great.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”