Something you can't put down

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
drunyan
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drunyan.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Something you can't put down

Post by drunyan »

I am not sure what I am looking for.

I prefer e-books, particularly since my shelves are full of gardening books, teaching reading to kids, Christian parenting and grand-parenting, theology, ethics and Bible history and commmentaries.

I like Janet Evanovich's funny bounty hunter series (1 for the money, 2 for the show, etc)
psychological thrillers like Mary Higgins Clark
Historical fiction like Kathleen and Michael O'Neal Gear and Jean Auel

I would like it to be something that I can't put down, since I am recovering from cancer surgery, and am trying to not do much of anything.

You know, no running, jumping, leaping from tall buildings, housework, chasing grandkids, or housework.

Did I mention that I don't have to do housework? It's nice that I have a gem of a husband!

Thanks,

Diane
I am back! 4 months after radiation treatments and still cancer-free!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I recommend "14" by Peter Clines. A group of tenants investigates the mysteries of their apartment building. There is humor, weird occurrences, references to Scooby-Doo movies, and quite a bit of action, especially towards the end. It gets darker toward the end, but it isn't too scary.

Be well! :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Facennagoss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-facennagoss.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by Facennagoss »

I can not recommend Kate Morton and Santa Montefiore enough. Both authors have me gripped from start to finish with twists and turns along the way. Their characters are believable and as a result, hugely likeable. I haven’t found a book of theirs I didn’t love!
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

I'd recommend "My Sister's Bones" by Nuala Ellwood. It's about a Syrian war reporter who returns back to her homeland, shaken by the the incidents at her workplace. It's a thriller. Hope you have a good time. Take care :)
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
jay_2
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-2.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by jay_2 »

I recommend the “Shatter Me” series by Tahereh Mafi! There’s a total of four books. I was never able to put them down. I finished all four books within a week. Shatter Me series is never boring. You’ll always be on your toes. You’ll get CRAZY plot twists. It’s so exciting, full of action, adventure, and love. It’s my favorite.
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

I love the Healer books by Maria Snyder. It's kind of underrated and I do think more people should read it. It's YA fantasy if you're into that kind of thing =)
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

There are a few books that I would recommend which are:

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami:
This book would be a great read for those who have a passion for romance. Along, with those who are into reincarnation as well as detective books.

My Trip to Adele:
For individuals who are struggling with their love life or just need a little self-empowerment pick me up.

Pancake Money by: Finn Bell
This is a great detective/crime/murder/ mystery type of stories.
Chelsea N. Hackett

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”