book suggestion please?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Waterstar0610
Currently Reading: Seekers
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waterstar0610.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B012F4HVBE

Icon book suggestion please?

Post by Waterstar0610 »

HI all, so my husband and i are both bookworms ;) and it certainly something we will be passing onto our children,(when we eventually decide to have some) because its so important! we have even decided that an e-reader will be our childs first gizmo, anyways my husband has just finished reading the harry potter books and the Eragon series for the umpteenth time. i love my hubby but his vocabulary could use some work. he has trouble expressing himself. thank god he loves reading. the trouble is finding book that will both intrest him (magic, fantasy, dragons, etc) and challenge him with regard to vocabulary and comprehension. any ideas? he said he wanted a couple new booke for his birthday and its coming up soon. hes not really into, beer, bbqing , crude humor, sports and othery typical "guy stuff". he is more into things like harry potter, pokemon, yugioh, reading, swimming, videogames, nntendo DS, etc. any ideas of books that i could get him? :D :D
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Post by Allyseria »

He might like the Gone series by Michael Grant. Or A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin.
chupke07
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chupke07.html
Latest Review: Metaphase by Mitchel Street

Post by chupke07 »

The name of the Wind, is the first book in a series called the king slayer series. It is great and falls into that category.
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

chupke07 wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 10:24 The name of the Wind, is the first book in a series called the king slayer series. It is great and falls into that category.
LOVE this series. Waiting patiently for the final instalment.
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
chupke07
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chupke07.html
Latest Review: Metaphase by Mitchel Street

Post by chupke07 »

Bianka Walter wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 14:49
chupke07 wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 10:24 The name of the Wind, is the first book in a series called the king slayer series. It is great and falls into that category.
LOVE this series. Waiting patiently for the final instalment.
Ha! Me too! everything good is worth the wait though.
Waterstar0610
Currently Reading: Seekers
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waterstar0610.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B012F4HVBE

Post by Waterstar0610 »

Thank you so much for all of the suggestions! I looked up king slayer series but i cant seem to find anything. there is however a book called the name of the wind in the kingkiller series. is this the one you meant? and any other suggestions are more than welcome, please keep them coming as i have a list in my planner and write them down as books to try.
Christineegm
Favorite Book: And I Darken
Currently Reading: Love and Friendship
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christineegm.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Christineegm »

Eon Series by Alison Goodman

This is a YA duology but very interesting and captivating involving Chinese mythology with a spin to it.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”