Book recommendation for a college application essay about religions

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Samanta
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Book recommendation for a college application essay about religions

Post by Samanta »

Hi!

As the college application time is approaching, I am looking for a great book to read that I could, later on, mention in my essay. :)

I am not religious myself but I am fascinated by different religions of the world and the cultural differences that are drawn by them. Especially in Islam and the Arabic world. The book should not be religious but more analytical- focus on the importance of respecting other beliefs and taking the best from their restrictions. That could even be a novel about a character who had lived for a time there and got some revelations. At best, it is quite popular but not so mainstream.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”