Literature for a Songwriter

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
pav1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Literature for a Songwriter

Post by pav1 »

Hello friends at Online Book Club,

I'm a songwriter who is inspired by words and the way they are written. I'm looking for writing that is unique and makes you think. I like authors who develop new words and phrases and leave things to the imagination. I also like abstract writing. It would be helpful if the writing has a song-like flow. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Craig
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

Check out Arthur Rimbaud's poems. Used to inspire me a lot back when I was writing songs.
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”