Books Similar to Tolkien's Works

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
KatSims92
Currently Reading: The Beauty Myth
Bookshelf Size: 451
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katsims92.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Books Similar to Tolkien's Works

Post by KatSims92 »

So, I am the hugest Lord of the Rings and Tolkien fan and was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for awesome books that are similar to his works. I'm down for YA and regular adult fiction, too. :techie-studyinggray:
Delvine T Gombakomba
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Delvine T Gombakomba »

The Eye of the World By Robert Jordan
Dragonsbane By Barbara Hambly
jenjayfromSA
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenjayfromsa.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jenjayfromSA »

You're looking for a fantasy quest with some magic thrown in? Try the Belgariad by David Eddings. I reread it every so often - trouble is, I have to go through all 10 books again - I can't put it down. It starts with Pawn of Prophecy. I love the Rick Riordan books too and enjoyed the Eragon series by Christopher Paolini. Then there's the Golden Torc etc by Julian May and the good old Witch World series by Andre Norton, old stuff but she will never date.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”