Womance, Strong female bond and friendship books

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
audiobooker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Womance, Strong female bond and friendship books

Post by audiobooker »

I just got done audiobooking Sweetbitter after watching several episodes of the show, I absolutely loved Tess's friendship with Simone and how she looked up to her and how Simone took Tess under her wing as if she was her younger sister. I love books like this of any kind, thriller, mystery, fiction, etc ... anything centered around a strong female friendship. Anyone have recommendations?
NovaFly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novafly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by NovaFly »

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini is about two women supporting each outher under Taliban rule.
lunablue_x3
Currently Reading: Phenomenology of Perception
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunablue-x3.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by lunablue_x3 »

NovaFly wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 02:09 A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini is about two women supporting each outher under Taliban rule.
Thanks NovaFly. I'll add A Thousand Splendid Suns to my reading list.
Cameron_Moore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cameron-moore.html
Latest Review: Loria by Gunnar Hedman

Post by Cameron_Moore »

NovaFly wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 02:09 A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini is about two women supporting each outher under Taliban rule.
That’s a great book! We’re reading it in English class right now, and it’s the one book that most people have liked all year. The mother-daughter style friendship between two of the characters is really interesting to read about.
Latest Review: Loria by Gunnar Hedman
danicommissions
Currently Reading: The Solution is Political Revolution
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danicommissions.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by danicommissions »

Sula by Toni Morrison features a strong, if strange, female friendship, and it's my favourite book by one of the best writers of the 20th/21st century. Elena Ferrante's Neapolitan novels also sound like they'd be right up your alley, since they centre around a friendship between two girls (Elena and Lila).
Tommy Mayengbam
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommy-mayengbam.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tommy Mayengbam »

audiobooker wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 16:36 I just got done audiobooking Sweetbitter after watching several episodes of the show, I absolutely loved Tess's friendship with Simone and how she looked up to her and how Simone took Tess under her wing as if she was her younger sister. I love books like this of any kind, thriller, mystery, fiction, etc ... anything centered around a strong female friendship. Anyone have recommendations?
The first book that comes to mind is "The Color Purple" by Alice Walker.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”