George Orwell/non fiction fan would like recommendations

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
calum333
Bookshelf Size: 0

George Orwell/non fiction fan would like recommendations

Post by calum333 »

Hello there, could you please recommend me some books based on some of the books that have gripped me the most, my favorite book is Down & out in Paris and London by Orwell.

A few other favorites:

The Devil in the White City - Erik Larson
One Summer: America 1927 - Bill Bryson
Hells Angels - Hunter S Thompson
On the Road - Jack Kerouac
American Desperado - Jon Roberts

As you may of noticed, i mostly read Non fiction but willing to give any good fiction a go

thanks very much in advance.
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

Have you trued any of Erik Larson's other books? He has a lot, all interesting topics.
Paolamtl
Currently Reading: Legendary
Bookshelf Size: 562

Post by Paolamtl »

I really want to recommend Ghosts of Spain by Giles Tremlett. He's a journalist from England who's lived in Spain for decades and the book is an exploration of the effects of fascism in Spain. All The President's Men by Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward was also really good, it's the guys that broke the Watergate scandal talking about their experience uncovering what was happening at the Nixon White House. For fiction, World War Z by Max Brooks might be worth reading. It's not like the movie at all, I promise! It's a lot more like a series of short stories set in the same world, presented as though it's a nonfiction book.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”