Mystery Novels

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
MaryBeth55
Bookshelf Size: 0

Mystery Novels

Post by MaryBeth55 »

Hello. I live in Wisconsin and I have loved reading books, especially mysteries since I was in grade school. I am now 55! My favorite author right now is James Patterson, but I love most of the cozy mysteries as well. I have a Kindle reader but prefer a book. However, I have e-books as well as lots of regular books sitting on my bookshelves.
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

Hello :) It's nice to meet you. I'm also a mystery lover. Agatha Christie has always been one of my most favorite authors. I haven't really read much from James Patterson, although I know he's very popular. Perhaps I'll try to look into one of his works. Which book would you recommend? Thanks.
facelesswoodsman
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-facelesswoodsman.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by facelesswoodsman »

Hi! If you're looking for mystery novel recommendations, I recommend The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. It's a very complex story that jumps back and forth through different timelines (but not in a confusing or overwhelming way) and it's one of those stories that seems like it's going to be super predictable at times but then ends up having twists that surprises you.
Dama d
Currently Reading:

Post by Dama d »

Hi ! Sounds good I'll definitely check it out
Ell99

Post by Ell99 »

I've read many of James Patterson novels and would like to find more authors in the same genre, any suggestions?
MomMcVey

Post by MomMcVey »

If you like cozy, I recommend Joanne Fluke mysteries, which are based in Minnesota. Maybe also try Diane Mott Davidson. Both story lines involve food and murder.
Maja Saveva

Post by Maja Saveva »

Hi! My recommendation for a great mystery book would be any book by Linwood Barclay.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”