Romance and History or Mystery

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Mommaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Icon Romance and History or Mystery

Post by Mommaj »

I love a good romantic story, full of love and passion and two people finding each other. I also love when a romance novel has a mystery to solve as well. Romance novels that are history based are also good. But a good mystery is always good. I love a good love story too. Not erotic or passionate but like watching a hallmark movie at christmas time.
facelesswoodsman
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-facelesswoodsman.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by facelesswoodsman »

Definitely check out The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton if you haven't yet! It switches between different characters and timelines -- some in the contemporary world and some in 1900s London -- and there is some romance in it, although that isn't the main focus of the story. You might like it, though!
I will say that there are points where the plot may seem predictable, but (unless you really don't like the writing style) please don't give up on the book -- there are a lot of surprising twists and it's worth it to keep reading!
desantismt_17
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 1313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch Did It! by Patricia Komar

Post by desantismt_17 »

Rhys Bowen writes the Her Royal Spyness series, which takes place mainly in Europe right before WWII. They're mysteries first, but there's an on-going rmance plot through the series, and they're lots of fun.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Helpme71
Favorite Book: The Cruel Romance
Currently Reading: Last Shot
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helpme71.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Helpme71 »

If you are interested in a lengthy series, I would recommend the House of Winslow series by Gilbert Morris. The first book is titled The Honorable Imposter, and takes place in 1620. The subsequent books are a chronicle of sorts of the Winslow family, and take place during real historical events and periods. There is also that "Hallmark movie" romance, where it is there, but it is not overly sexual or lustful. This series was one of the first historical fiction series that I have read, and to this day, I still love to go back and reread them.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”