Looking for book set on a different planet

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Paolamtl
Currently Reading: Legendary
Bookshelf Size: 562

Re: Looking for book set on a different planet

Post by Paolamtl »

The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet and it's companion A Closed and Common Orbit, both by Becky Chambers, are awesome sci-fi that have an almost star-trek feel to them, in regards to the worldbuilding! While The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet[/] does mostly take place inside a spaceship, they do explore different planets, and A Close and Common Orbit takes place in one of the planets mentioned in the previous book.

There's also a really fun anthology of short stories that I enjoyed called Old Venus compiled by George R.R. Martin, which features retro/classic style science fiction short stories all set on Venus!
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

The Solaris series is wonderful. The first book is Solaris Seethes and I could not put it down. It held my attention throughout. The author is Janet McNulty. Enjoy...
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

The Martian.
Yssimnar
Favorite Book: Wives and Daughters
Currently Reading: No Man Knows My History
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yssimnar.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by Yssimnar »

I would look at Orson Scott Card. It’s Practically his entire genre and he comes up with some crazy unique concepts including, but not limited to, enders game. They are fun to read.
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Bukari »

Solaris Seethes is the book that awaits you. Well, let me give you a gist. There is a ship that travels by land, water, and space. Find out the real story of this fascinating novel.
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.
Eunice Geres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eunice-geres.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Eunice Geres »

Cinder is sometimes set in the moon. I can't think of anything except for Cinder.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”