Book recommendation

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
carmelmcconnell
Bookshelf Size: 0

Book recommendation

Post by carmelmcconnell »

I Was educated outside US so US History is not part of our curriculum. May I kindly solicit your suggestions as to what US history book authors should I get? Preferably the ones that are student-friendly to read or very much useful as I prepare for tye teacher certification test in Social Studies. Thank you
EllieLieberman
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Drank the Moon
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellielieberman.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by EllieLieberman »

I highly recommend books by Howard Zinn. They are some of my favorite history books and they often cover topics and go more in depth that other books chose to ignore. To start, I would go with A People's History of the United States. Another great one would be Lies My Teacher Told Me by James Loewen.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”