Solid reads on Civil War Generals

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
SrhPlqn18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srhplqn18.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Solid reads on Civil War Generals

Post by SrhPlqn18 »

I'm a huge history buff and attempting to refresh my education about various periods in American History. The Civil War era seemed a good place to start, due to recent political controversies regarding statues, etc. I am finishing up Rebel Yell about Stonewall Jackson and loving it so far. Is there a good read out there about Robert E. Lee or Grant? Any of the other generals would do as well. :D
Dolby999

Post by Dolby999 »

Hi, my name is Woody. I'm a huge Civil War buff myself. I have a suggestion if you want to learn more about the generals during the Civil War. Ken Burns Civil War, if you have Netflix or a Barnes and Nobles near by, Netflix would be a lot cheaper. Anyway, check it out. BTW, Mr. Burns, talks extensively about General Jackson. Hopefully this will help. Take care, Woody.
Dolby999

Post by Dolby999 »

This is Woody again. Would love to have some conversations about the Civil War if you like. Later.
dlh387
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by dlh387 »

Hello, there is a great primary source (firsthand account) written by General Lee’s aide, Walter Taylor, it’s called “4 Years with General Lee”, it’s a firsthand account of the entire war, compelling read.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”