Cyberpunk not by William Gibson

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Honeybeetle
Currently Reading: Snow Crash
Bookshelf Size: 318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybeetle.html
Latest Review: Loving Well, The Key To Satisfying and Joyful Relationships by Erin K Leonard (Dr Erin Leonard)

Cyberpunk not by William Gibson

Post by Honeybeetle »

Hi, all! This year, I'm trying to break out of my usual genre ruts. Does anyone have an recommendations for cyberpunk? I've already read Neuromancer and enjoyed it, but I'm not sure where to go from there. Thanks for any suggestions!
Holler about books on Twitter with me @DextroColeo! :techie-studyinggray:
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

I mentioned this in another thread, but Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson is a good cyberpunk choice.

The Takeshi Kovacs series by Richard K. Morgan is great too, I loved the first book Altered Carbon. Netflix just recently adapted it into a series.
Honeybeetle
Currently Reading: Snow Crash
Bookshelf Size: 318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybeetle.html
Latest Review: Loving Well, The Key To Satisfying and Joyful Relationships by Erin K Leonard (Dr Erin Leonard)

Post by Honeybeetle »

Thank you so much, starshipsaga! Looks like my library has all of those, so I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning. I've seen ads for Altered Carbon on Netflix and should have guessed it was a book adaptation.
Holler about books on Twitter with me @DextroColeo! :techie-studyinggray:
AngieIs
Currently Reading: War and Peace
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angieis.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by AngieIs »

If you're a traditionalist the natural successor to William Gibson is Bruce Sterling, Mirrorshades is usually the touchstone.

Phillip K. Dick isn't a bad option either, We Can Remember It for You Wholesale is a great short story option, so is A Scanner Darkly
jdjackson43
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jdjackson43 »

The Takeshi Kovacs novels by Richard Morgan and the Liquid Cool series by Austin Dragon.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”