HELP!!! Something OLD or something NEW?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Taylor513
Favorite Book: A Work in Progress
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor513.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

HELP!!! Something OLD or something NEW?

Post by Taylor513 »

Having a debate with myself on whether or not I should re-read the "If I Break" series by Portia Moore or if I should find something new.

I LOVE this series and I've read it at least 3 times already. Every time I read it I find something new that I missed before and it feels like I'm reading it for the first time every time. I may already know what's going to happen but that feeling of urgency of getting to the next page hasn't gone away. I still get caught up in the feelings of the characters and I still go through all of the motions of the book. This series is also very unique; if you've read this series and want to recommend a series for me to read INSTEAD I'm open to any and all suggestions!!!!

P.S. If you've read this series or recommend a new series please no spoilers but I'd love to know your thoughts on it!
Zilelabelle
Currently Reading: Dragonfriend
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilelabelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by Zilelabelle »

I love that feeling, so of course I'm going to go check out this series immediately, but there is something to be said about finding something new.

I always ask myself what mood I'm in when I'm in this quandary. If I'm feeling a little down, or in need of a safe-space, I"m always happier if I pick an old friend to read. But if I'm feeling adventurous, or quirky, I'm usually better off finding something completely new. What kind of genres are you interested in?
Taylor513
Favorite Book: A Work in Progress
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor513.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Taylor513 »

I highly recommend the series! Every time you think you know what's going on, BOOM! I'm usually good at predicting what's going to happen next but that one definitely throws some curveballs.

I've been on a Staci Stallings kick for the past month, Contemporary Christian, but I like a little bit of everything. Top 3 genres: Romance, Contemporary Christian, and Fiction.

I'm feeling more on the adventurous side so feel free to recommend anything that you've enjoyed and I'll definitely look into it!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”