Need some recommendations.

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Khall122304
Bookshelf Size: 0

Need some recommendations.

Post by Khall122304 »

I love books! I want something like:

The Hunger Games

The Dork Diaries

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Anything based off the afterlife.

(I'm only a teenager! Make sure it's appropriate!)
Vampirepotato4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Vampirepotato4 »

Are you ok with abstract/different ideas? The stuff you listed is kind of main-stream. More of that or does anything work?
DougBLedford
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DougBLedford »

Well, if you love "The Hunger Games," there are a number of other young adult novels that take place in a dystopian kind of setting. "The Maze Runner" and "Divergent" series might pique your interest. I don't really know what you mean by "based off the afterlife," but there's a book entitled "The Lovely Bones" that might be of interest to you. These are all mainstream titles, of course, as I'm not really up to speed on novels in your age group. Good luck with your book search!

*Happy Reading, and God bless my friend*
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Hmm. you might try the Harry Potter Series? I like the Hunger Games too. You could also check out Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer because it kinda fits with Hunger Games.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
DesireeRose
Currently Reading: The Blood of Winter
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desireerose.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by DesireeRose »

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer!!! They are A M A Z I N G. Here’s the order they are in:
Cinder
Scarlet
Cress
Fairest
Winter
Stars Above
Wires and Nerve: Volume 1
Wires and Nerve: Volume 2

Now, Winter is technically the last book. Stars Above is a collection of short stories about the characters, and Wires and Nerve is the graphic novel. It continues the story, but it’s not necessary to read it.
Haute_Coffee
Currently Reading: Pimp
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haute-coffee.html
Latest Review: A Stone of Hope by Janet S. Kleinman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Haute_Coffee »

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. All about a girl who passes away and keeps reliving her last day over and over, trying to do something different in order to change the outcome.

If I Stay, by Gayle Forman- a girl gets into an accident with her family and she is the only survivor, she's in a coma and must decide if she wants to fight for her life and stay with her boyfriend and move on, or just go into the afterlife to be reunited with her parents and brother. There is also a sequel.
Katepcell13
Currently Reading: The Notebook
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katepcell13.html
Latest Review: The Second Cup by Sarah Marie Graye

Post by Katepcell13 »

Have you read Harry Potter or the chronicles of narnia. Those are both really good. You should check out Brian Jacques he is a good author too! He writes different mythical/fantasy.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”