Suicide - on the outside looking in

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
clairedonne
Currently Reading: The Second Cup
Bookshelf Size: 13

Suicide - on the outside looking in

Post by clairedonne »

So I'm currently reading "The Second Cup" (think it's Sarah Gray?) and its about suicide written from the outside looking in. So someones ex kills himself (this is not a spoiler, its in the description) and its about how it affects everyone else. Including how some people decide to turn their lives around because life is short. I kind of like the idea, because its one step removed from the actual suicide. Its like the person who died isnt important but how the death makes everyone sit up straight that matters. Im wondering if there are more books like this? I searched on suicide and depression but just get loads of selfhelp books. lol.
Vampirepotato4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Vampirepotato4 »

Alright so the connection is kind of stretched and i may be completely wrong about this- it's been a while- but if i'm remembering this right, there was a book on Wattpad i really liked. I cant remember the name right now but i think there might be a suicide element like your're describing, though it was kind of a sideline thing. The main story was about grim reapers and angels. Could that be something you'd like or no? If so i can probably dig it up and get you an actual title
cascal312
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by cascal312 »

13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher is a young adult novel about a boy who receives a package from a girl who recently committed suicide. He tries to figure out why she killed her self, and you can definitely say that he looks at suicide from an outside perspective. Really great novel!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”