Assassin's Creed Serie, yes or no?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Catia
Favorite Book: Godsgrave
Currently Reading: The priest of blood
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catia.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Assassin's Creed Serie, yes or no?

Post by Catia »

Hello everyone, I am debating with myself since years now if it is worth or not to start this serie.
As I am, if I like the story I will want to read all the books, which probably means that I have to rob a bank or something :o joking of course :mrgreen:
The reason why I can't decide is that the books are based on the videogame of the same name. I am not a fan of videogames, don't even have a clue what the game is about, but the blurbs and reviews about the books sound interesting to me.
So, before I decide to start, I would like to know what you think about this serie.
Is it as good as the Dragonlance serie was? I loved that one and when I started reading it, I didn't even know that it was based on a role game.
Thanks in advance :)
No matter how busy you think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance - Confucius

Any fool can know. The point is to understand. - Albert Einstein
Alax-z
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Alax-z »

It's a game stuff and it awesome, so I think you should go with it.
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

Yes, you should read them! I actually think the Assassin's Creed books would be perfect if you weren't playing the games. I started reading them a while ago, but found the book to be pretty much a rehash of the game's events. Because I've played the games, I already knew everything that was going to happen and found myself pretty bored. But if you haven't played the games, I think you'll be in for a lot of fun surprises! I would definitely go for it :)
Emma13
Currently Reading: The Captive Mind
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emma13.html
Latest Review: A Slice Of Chile by Dr Terry Hannan

Post by Emma13 »

I've read one of them and never played any of the games, but I enjoyed it more than I expected. Good action and some interesting historical themes in there, too. I'd recommend trying it.
Patrick Maina

Post by Patrick Maina »

Personally the game is dope amaizing and luckily for you that you haven't found much interest on the game itself so your main focus its on the serie,on my opinion you deserve to go for it and make a different perspective on the serie than the game itself
hoptmas

Post by hoptmas »

:D i would like to great u bat assasins creed is among my favourates and from dat my answer is yes. i wish it was season movie
Catia
Favorite Book: Godsgrave
Currently Reading: The priest of blood
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catia.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Catia »

Oooooook, you convinced me 😁 I'm gonna rob a bank and get the books 😱😉
Thanks to you all for the advice,it counts double when spoken from fellows readers 😊
No matter how busy you think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance - Confucius

Any fool can know. The point is to understand. - Albert Einstein

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”