Highlander Romance

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
TheRedQueen22
Favorite Book: Fight or Flight
Currently Reading: Breaking Hollywood
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theredqueen22.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Icon Highlander Romance

Post by TheRedQueen22 »

Hey guys! I recently find myself into Highlander Romance. I had a great time reading Maya Bank's Highlander series, but sadly she only has 5 books written in that genre.

I did my own research since Maya Banks got me hooked, unfortunately I haven't gotten any luck in finding a good read such as her works. The authors I tried were Donna Fletcher and Monica McCarty.

If anyone has any other recommendations, I would love to try it please!
Faith Atieno okoth
Currently Reading: For the Love of Suzanne
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-atieno-okoth.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Faith Atieno okoth »

Hey! Try "under her" by Samantha Towle
TheRedQueen22

Post by TheRedQueen22 »

Faith Atieno okoth wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 10:11 Hey! Try "under her" by Samantha Towle
I already have a copy of 'Under Her' by Samantha Towle but I'm afraid it's not a Highlander Romance.
Creolelady1733
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Creolelady1733 »

Since viewing "Outlander" I have started reading the books by Diana Gabaldon starting with Outlander, Dragonflies in Amber, and Voyager... There are 8 books but it is an ongoing series.
Faith Atieno okoth
Currently Reading: For the Love of Suzanne
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-atieno-okoth.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Faith Atieno okoth »

Oops! ,sorry.
TheRedQueen22

Post by TheRedQueen22 »

Creolelady1733 wrote: 14 Feb 2018, 23:32 Since viewing "Outlander" I have started reading the books by Diana Gabaldon starting with Outlander, Dragonflies in Amber, and Voyager... There are 8 books but it is an ongoing series.
I heard about 'Outlander' before. Isn't it a time-travelling romance too?
TheRedQueen22

Post by TheRedQueen22 »

Faith Atieno okoth wrote: 16 Feb 2018, 13:01 Oops! ,sorry.
No worries. :)
Flick15
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Flick15 »

The Outlander series is a time-travel romance, but it can also be classed into many other genres, adventure, historical fiction, historical romance, historical politics, Scottish history etc. The list just goes on and on. There is the main 'Outlander Series' which consists of 8 books, then there is the prequel 'Virgins', the 2 companion books, which tie in with the main series, the spinoff 'Lord John Grey Series' and there is the 9th book of the main series which Diana is still working on, the books have been turned into a tv series called Outlander, each season is based on a single book, so season 1 - Outlander/Cross stitch, season 2 D.I.A, season 3 Voyager and so on.
TheRedQueen22

Post by TheRedQueen22 »

Flick15 wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 12:25 The Outlander series is a time-travel romance, but it can also be classed into many other genres, adventure, historical fiction, historical romance, historical politics, Scottish history etc. The list just goes on and on. There is the main 'Outlander Series' which consists of 8 books, then there is the prequel 'Virgins', the 2 companion books, which tie in with the main series, the spinoff 'Lord John Grey Series' and there is the 9th book of the main series which Diana is still working on, the books have been turned into a tv series called Outlander, each season is based on a single book, so season 1 - Outlander/Cross stitch, season 2 D.I.A, season 3 Voyager and so on.
Agreed. A book can be categorised into many genres. Monica McCarthy's books are also filled with Scottish History and Politics, as much as I appreciate the History lesson in the books, it can be tiring sometimes. Some days I just want to enjoy a simple Highlander Romance with not so much political feud.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”