Fantasy or LitRPG novels with really muscular female lead.

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Wissen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Fantasy or LitRPG novels with really muscular female lead.

Post by Wissen »

Hi all!

I am really sorry, that my first post is a request, but on my common communities I had no luck with my search. So I am trying other forums and hope that someone will be able to help me with my slightly crazy request :)

I am looking for a novel in fantasy setting with really muscular female lead. She may be a main character, or love interest/friend/companion of main character, but not just minor character.

By muscular I mean not slightly fit, but with really big muscles, like female bodybuilders have. And it's really important that her muscularity shouldn't be shown in negative way only. She should be still beautiful girl with enough feminine traits to make normal men fall in love with her. Just physically strong and more muscular that some (or most) of these men. And with IQ even slightly surpassing an IQ of a stone :)

If it will be LitRPG, then it would be perfect if her physical strength and muscularity will bound with her stats or skill level.

I know that I cannot be picky here, but I just hope for something readible.

Thank you in advance for any suggestion!
garuthesnail001
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by garuthesnail001 »

Hello there friend, this is only a suggestion. The story i am going to share is a Chinese lightnovel, some of the grammar are not good. But the story and character development is good. The settings is in the world of cultivation and martial arts. If you want it please comment back i have a huge list. :)
Wissen

Post by Wissen »

garuthesnail001 wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 00:40 Hello there friend, this is only a suggestion. The story i am going to share is a Chinese lightnovel, some of the grammar are not good. But the story and character development is good. The settings is in the world of cultivation and martial arts. If you want it please comment back i have a huge list. :)
Hi! Thank you for response.

I have red few Chinese and other Asian martial arts novels, but I have never met there any muscular female lead characters. The main problem is Asian culture: they do not think that very muscular body is beautiful, especially on female.

But if have an example of such novel, it would be great. Thank you!
Creston
Currently Reading:

Post by Creston »

I really doubt it would really fit for you, but the wheel of time books have a few strong women but they are all pretty much portrayed as really feminine. Still one of my favorite characters from the books is a women named Niniev Almeria.

Ps: The first book really doesn't show off the character of some of the women but the rest of the books would be a little hard to catch onto without it.

Also typed this on my phone so I apologise for misspelled words. :)
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

The closest I can think of is Raid by K.S. Merbeth. The story takes place in a post-apocalyptic Mad-Max-meets-Fallout type world. The protagonist is Clementine, a female bounty hunter. She's strong, tough, and very independent. I don't think she's muscle-bound like a bodybuilder like you described, but she's definitely no dainty girl :) It was a fun book too!
Choijia93
Favorite Book: Twilight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Choijia93 »

HI there the one book or series that I give you is the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas. The main female lead is an assassin and a very powerful character. Out of all the books that I have read this character is in my top 5 strongest and powerful female characters.
Wissen

Post by Wissen »

Thank you for suggestions!
But there is no lack of strong women (even physically strong) in literature. But all of them have only standard feminine look.
I know that my interest is very niche one and there is very small hope to find it among non-fetish stories and novels (that are mostly awful).
garuthesnail001
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by garuthesnail001 »

That is true i haven't encountered any masculine female lead. if i found one i will tell it to you my friend.
Wordforawhile
Favorite Author: Robert Jordan
Currently Reading: Darkfall
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordforawhile.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
fav_author_id: 2419

Post by Wordforawhile »

There is a series that takes place in the world of a tabletop game (think D&D). The first book is called NPCs by Drew Hayes. One of the main character's is a female Barbarian. She is not described as being particularly buff but she is there damage dealer and wields axes. Hope this helps (it's a great series!)
Wissen

Post by Wissen »

Wordforawhile wrote: 16 Feb 2018, 16:03 There is a series that takes place in the world of a tabletop game (think D&D). The first book is called NPCs by Drew Hayes. One of the main character's is a female Barbarian. She is not described as being particularly buff but she is there damage dealer and wields axes. Hope this helps (it's a great series!)
Thank you for the try :) But as I told before, there is no lack of strong women in literature, but there is a lack of women with body and musculature to fit.

Even such powerful character as Red Sonja is described as just fit and beautiful woman. And she has some visible muscles in promo and fan art only.
glitterrain
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glitterrain.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by glitterrain »

Lol, this is the second time I've recced this series today, but seriously - Deed of Paksenarrion series by Elizabeth Moon!

Also, if YA is okay, Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce is one of my favorites.
Wissen

Post by Wissen »

glitterrain wrote: 23 Feb 2018, 17:40 Lol, this is the second time I've recced this series today, but seriously - Deed of Paksenarrion series by Elizabeth Moon!
Thank you for this suggestion! Based on descriptions and some info, it may be really close to what I am searching for.
glitterrain wrote: 23 Feb 2018, 17:40 Also, if YA is okay, Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce is one of my favorites.
What does YA mean? :)
And could you please give a bit more info about this novel? Because it's not clear from description if it fits.
glitterrain
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glitterrain.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by glitterrain »

Wissen wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 16:30
glitterrain wrote: 23 Feb 2018, 17:40 Also, if YA is okay, Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce is one of my favorites.
What does YA mean? :)
And could you please give a bit more info about this novel? Because it's not clear from description if it fits.
YA = Young Adult. The protagonist in Protector of the Small is a teenager, but tall and strong for her age, and part of her struggle is learning to use her body effectively. At one point she's mocked as having "arms like a blacksmith's," which she works hard to get.
Clever One

Post by Clever One »

You might try Muscle Love. Its more fiction than fantasy, but its got a muscular woman and is a good read. Also try Achilles Choice.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”