Poetry recommendations?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Poetry recommendations?

Post by BookishCreature »

I write it, but I don't read nearly enough of it. I particularly love Bukowksi and Eliot, and I'm not a big fan of Lang Leav and Rupi Kaur. I'll try anything once though. :) Where should I start?
abbyrose
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by abbyrose »

I’ve fallen in love with Connor Franta. His book ‘Note to Self’ was simply amazing! There’s a mix of poetry and pictures and little entries. The entries are all of his thoughts. He’s just so open and honest in this book; it’s very enlightening. I greatly recommend it.
Vampirepotato4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Vampirepotato4 »

Try 'The Poems of Robert Service'- really awesome stuff with a dark humor that's fun. The cover's brown with a man on a horse in front of some mountains
ericahs
Currently Reading: The Cybernetic Tea Shop
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericahs.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by ericahs »

I am not a huge poetry person, but I do have a major soft spot for Emily Dickinson. Her poems are seemingly quick and straightforward, but upon close reading, are so amazingly complex and layered with meaning. Her poems are like little puzzles and optical illusions: the more you look at them, the more you see. She also explores topics that were rarely touched on her time, especially by women, such as religion, sex, and death. But that's not a very unique or new suggestion, sorry!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”