New Member needs help!!!

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
BookClub2018
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 13

Icon New Member needs help!!!

Post by BookClub2018 »

My name is Paula and I'm a new member. I have been waiting/searching for a reading board that I can talk to people about something that I like. My favorite books seem to always end up being a series. Examples: 5-10 yrs Nancy Drew, Sweet Dreams series
10-15 yrs Judy Blume, Mythology, Astrology, Salvador Dali
15-30 yrs Almost all Stephen King, Medieval, Castles and royalty
30-50 yrs Harry Potter series, Game of Thrones series (way before HBO got it)
Does anyone see a pattern here? And here's my dilemma. I would love to have some suggestions from anyone that sees good reading in my future because I'm kinda stuck. PLEASE HELP!!!
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

Hmm, maybe some high fantasy? Lord of the Rings, or any of Brandon Sanderson's series? They have that medieval feel with the drama of Game of Thrones (well, maybe not AS MUCH drama, but drama). :)

Or maybe some young adult fantasy? My personal favorite trilogy is the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor.
AbbyGNelson
Currently Reading: Heir to the Empire
Bookshelf Size: 839
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbygnelson.html
Latest Review: Asa's Gift by Isaac Green

Post by AbbyGNelson »

Have you read 'Ready Player One'? It is a super fun book to read!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”