Looking for historical romantic suspense novels

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
theresahoward220
Currently Reading: Joy for all seasons
Bookshelf Size: 17

Looking for historical romantic suspense novels

Post by theresahoward220 »

I love to read historical romantic suspense novels, especially those about England set in the 1800s. Does anyone have recommendations? For example, old novels by Victoria Holt.
AnneBlythe101
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by AnneBlythe101 »

I haven't read books written by Victoria Holt but I do have a few recommendations.

Wrapped written by Jennifer Bradbury, it is a mystery novel set in the Regency Period and has something to do with mummies. I personally don't know if it is historically accurate but it is fun to read.

The Infernal Devices written by Cassandra Clare, prequel to The Mortal Instruments, it is a trilogy set in London around 1800s (if I remember correctly I don't really remember dates) It has a lot of suspense, mystery, romance and so much more. I definitely enjoyed reading this book but be prepared since, "One must always be careful of books and what is inside them. For words have the power to change us." Teresa Gray (Did I forget to say that some of the main characters love to read books?)

Enola Holmes written by Nancy Springer, she is the fourteen year old sister of Sherlock Holmes and she has her own set of mystery series. I have only read the first book but I certainly would love to read the other books because it is worth reading it. I'm not sure about the year it is set in but I am sure that this one is full of suspense that will get you hoooked until the end.
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Post by RebeccasReading »

This one is not set in the 1800s, but if you enjoy historical romance I highly recommend the Outlander series. You may have seen the TV show which is also good. The books have a TON of history that moves from 18th century Scotland and goes to France, the Caribbean, and then colonial America. It is an epic romance that also includes a lot of dangerous situations and suspense.
SLD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by SLD »

These books aren't set as far back as the 1800s, but "The Zion Chronicles" by Bodie & Brock Thoene are novels in a 5-book series written about life in Israel after WWII.
Philippians 4:8

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”